Anyone had any experience with these things? I mostly play rock/classic rock, but I also like to get my blues on now and again. I'd be upgrading from a Vox AD30VT.

The main reason for upgrade is that I'm approaching a skill level where I'll be able to gig, so is it a suitable small - medium venue gigging amp?
The other reason I'm upgrading is that I plan on buying a Carvin DC400, and I imagine there'll be wasted potential if I'm playing an £800 guitar through a £120 amp.
It's girls and spaghetti... We love girls and spaghetti!
My buddy has one and we both hate it. Thats the only experience I had with it.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
My friend has one, and i must say I'm not really impressed.

My Marshall VS100 delivers a much better sound - especially the OD. (i guess they are both in a similar price range?) Then again I never played with that amp, so it might be that the problem are my friend's settings, and not the amp itself.
I own one and I would say its a good choice...you could definately find better though...
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112
Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTB
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby
personally i'd recommend something tube and 212.

the valvekings are great. and i hear the valvetronix arnt bad if you dont mind it being solid state
i have the valveking 112 and i like it, just change the speaker and its great. Check out the mp3 on my profile, just a snippit of a song im writing. the lead tone speaks for itself, not bad for a 400 amp.
Hmm, I'm not sure I can stretch to a Valve King 212. I'm not going to be gigging THAT much, it'll mostly be used for bedroom practice.

I might look into the VK 112, though.
Quote by Topstring
The other reason I'm upgrading is that I plan on buying a Carvin DC400, and I imagine there'll be wasted potential if I'm playing an £800 guitar through a £120 amp.

A Peavey Bandit is far from an upgrade, although it's a good olid state amp.

What I would suggest is that rather than spending so much on your guitar, you should split he money more or less equally, or even 60/40 in favour of an amp as the amp contributes more to your tone than the guitar ever will.

If you have £920 available to you, then you have some pretty good options for intermediate ranged gear.

Have a look into a Laney VC-30, or even the VC-15 if you don't need too much power. It is great for blues, rock, classic rok et al. You could look towards getting a nice mid range Ibanez or Schecter, or Fat Strat. Other choices would be a Les Paul Studio or SG Special. Guitar wise the possibilities are endless, as most axes bar big old Jazz guitars can be used for your genres. You really shouldn't spend so much on a guitar and leave no ambition in your amp purchase.

EDIT: Also, what about the Orange Tiny Terror?
+ 1 for the tiny terror!! Just finished making my own cab for it and its brilliant, not to mention bloody loud (considering its a 15 watter). It cleans up nice, gets a crunch on, and then theres plenty more gain if needed! Its also super portable, unless your lugging a 4 x 12 around with it lol!!
Hmm, a Tiny Terror, eh?

I know nothing about non-combo amps. Wouldn't I need a cabinet to go with it? So I'm looking at £450 at least. And aren't head/cab's generally loud as hell? Like I said, bedroom practice is the main use, with gigging on the side.

Perhaps I'll look into buying a cheaper guitar, too.
The tiny terror is switchable between 7 and 15 watts!! Although i must admit, I did underestimate how loud 7 watts of class A valve is. But my god, what a sound. If you have very basic woodwork skills, you can build your own cab!! I just built my own, covered in tolex with bluesbreaker grill cloth for around £70!! Thats obivously without the speaker though.

I'm sure it could gig when on the 15 watts setting. The thing that did suprise me was the difference in sound quality when you go from 15 to 7 watts. On 7 watts, there seeemed to be less sound quality as when on 15.
Hmm. My dad rules at building ****. I'm guessing I couldn't just bang any old speaker in, though, eh? And is sticking any sort of tolex-like covering on it necessary at all? Or just to make it look shexy.
Quote by SHAUNYSHAUN1234

I'm sure it could gig when on the 15 watts setting.

It can.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Its just to make it look shexy lol!! I did like mine with the tolex off because it had a bit of a beat up vibe but with the tolex on, it looks loads nicer!!

If your dad can build stuff fairly easy, get it done mate!! Just a timber frame then boarded over!!

p'md about speakers and cab parts.
well, tried to pm ya but it didnt work!!

so here it is, hope i dont get told off lol!!

Found a few good offers on speakers and stuff on ebay.

The sellers names are below, just click on advanced searc (on ebay) then down the left hand side, click 'find members' and type in there names.

reece011068 - handy for handles and small rubber feet. Maybe a few other parts.

excess_audio - some bloody good offers on tolex and celstion speakers!!