http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOd3sjmBE58

The run, starting at 10 seconds into it. It's about twice as fast as I can do it with my fingers. I can do it with a pick at full speed. I can do it with the tip of my thumb, using it as a pick. Is this what he is doing, as I suspect, or is he really using his fingertips?
It's just 2 finger alternation. It's not really that fast either. I count roughly 8 notes per second.

Practice and you should get it after a lil bit. =] awesome song too
It should be pretty easy, it's just hammer ons and slides and some 16ths. Do use two fingers, it's the only way you can do it.

And Nike-Man, no triple posting, use the edit button
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Quote by t3hrav3n
It should be pretty easy, it's just hammer ons and slides and some 16ths.

It is easy... with a pick. I can't make my fingers twitch that fast. I'm really bad at plucking with my middle/second/bird finger with any speed. Stupid carpal tunnel.
If you can't pluck that fast, there there's something seriously wrong. Have you gone to a doctor about your CTS? That stuff is serious business and if it's hampering you to the point of not even being able to play that fast, that's bad.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Any particular reason that the video isn't allowed in my country?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..

A conspiracy against Canadian bassists?
Quote by t3hrav3n
If you can't pluck that fast, there there's something seriously wrong. Have you gone to a doctor about your CTS? That stuff is serious business and if it's hampering you to the point of not even being able to play that fast, that's bad.

Yeah I need surgery... but I'd still be shocked if the majority of the folks on this board can play 16th notes that fast.

Put it this way... if you think about it, those 16th notes on that run is at the same speed as "Cowboys from Hell" by Pantera. Both songs are played at a nearly identical tempo. Tap your foot to the beat of "cowboys" then keeping your foot tapping, start singing "suck my kiss", it's about the same beat, both runs are 16th notes.

It's all I can do to play "cowboys from hell" with a pick using alternating picking on a normal electric guitar, and I don't feel like carpal tunnel is holding me back. I really don't see how most people could pluck big bass strings with their fingers at that same speed. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm sure several of you could do it, but I bet most people couldn't, even without carpal tunnel, so I wouldn't be too quick to pass it off as extremely easy.

I just really doubt that most bassists can finger pluck bass strings at the same speed that dimebag is picking those runs in this song.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FV2xVvJddxY

I dunno, this has got me wondering if I'm exaggerating my plucking too much. I can tap my fingers that fast, no problem. When I'm actually plucking though, I can only play it half that fast, playing two times per note... eigth notes.
Quote by thefitz

Maybe your local provider blocked it due to profanity or something? Just open iTunes and look up "suck my kiss" by the red hot chili peppers. They do that run all throughout the song so a 30 second sample should get it.
Quote by thefitz

International copyright laws possibly? I have no clue.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by corndogggy
Yeah I need surgery... but I'd still be shocked if the majority of the folks on this board can play 16th notes that fast.

Put it this way... if you think about it, those 16th notes on that run is at the same speed as "Cowboys from Hell" by Pantera. Both songs are played at a nearly identical tempo. Tap your foot to the beat of "cowboys" then keeping your foot tapping, start singing "suck my kiss", it's about the same beat, both runs are 16th notes.

It's all I can do to play "cowboys from hell" with a pick using alternating picking on a normal electric guitar, and I don't feel like carpal tunnel is holding me back. I really don't see how most people could pluck big bass strings with their fingers at that same speed. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm sure several of you could do it, but I bet most people couldn't, even without carpal tunnel, so I wouldn't be too quick to pass it off as extremely easy.

I just really doubt that most bassists can finger pluck bass strings at the same speed that dimebag is picking those runs in this song.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FV2xVvJddxY

I dunno, this has got me wondering if I'm exaggerating my plucking too much. I can tap my fingers that fast, no problem. When I'm actually plucking though, I can only play it half that fast, playing two times per note... eigth notes.

Well, I've only been playin for a year and a half and I can play Suck my kiss and cowboys from hell so apparently its not that hard. It just takes practice.
I've been playing normal guitar for the same amount of time, and can also play them solo, but I can't exactly easily keep up with them while playing with a recording and be accurate. I can pull it off for the most part on cowboys. That run on Suck my kiss is over my head though, and actually I played bass for 3 years back in high school and I still can't do it. Guess I'll try to practice being more efficient with my plucking, I'm probably plucking the strings way too hard. I've never had a bass instructor so I wouldn't know. I start with a guy who studied at Berkley on Monday though.
Ok, apparently some practice and a good bass goes a long way. I can play it fine now.
Quote by scawti
A conspiracy against Canadian bassists?

Cant be that wouldnt explain geddy would it?
I do this one fingered
practice.
just practice.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom