Has anyone else besides me pissed at the fact that if you can only pay so much money for an ESP, lets say like $600, you get an ESP that has LTD in big bold letters on the headstock, but if you pay $1000 or over, you get an ESP that actually says ESP on the headstock. I know this really isn't a big deal but I find it annoying because other brands such as Ibanez and Jackson just put their logo on the headstocks no matter what you pay, but if you buy an ESP, you have to pay so much otherwise you feel like your buying a piece of crap... Does anyone have this same feeling or am I the only one who cares?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I suggest you select the least popular of the woman-creatures, and fart directly in her face.
Yeah but lets say you paid the extra money to get a guitar made in America or japan. would you want some person who paid for a piece of **** korean guitar to say hey we have the same guitar.
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
LTD is cooler some people think you have a limited edition because of the lTD
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
same thing with Gibson and Epipone i think
Ibanez RGA 121 w/ SD SH-6b & SH-2n Jazz
Ibanez RGA 121
Epiphone G-400 w/ EMG 81&60A
Fender Stratocaster Original 1978 Sunburst
Alvarez Acoustic DY-85

Fender G-Dec 8" 15W

VOX AD120VT 2*12" 120W

KORG AX1500G
^your right

gibson epiphone
fender squire
Esp LTD
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
anyone who knows will know that that's a $300 ibanez with an edge III anyway...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Because LTD and ESP aren't the same thing. If you put an ESP logo on an LTD guitar, it would be like putting a Gibson logo on an Epiphone guitar (although LTDs are much higher quality than Epis). ESPs are VERY high quality guitars made in Japan, while LTD are lower end (but still pretty high quality) guitars made in Korea and Indonesia. Just accept it.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
Because LTD and ESP aren't the same thing. If you put an ESP logo on an LTD guitar, it would be like putting a Gibson logo on an Epiphone guitar (although LTDs are much higher quality than Epis). ESPs are VERY high quality guitars made in Japan, while LTD are lower end (but still pretty high quality) guitars made in Korea and Indonesia. Just accept it.

+1

And $600 isn't that much money to spend on a guitar.
I have no problem with my guitar having LTD written on the headstock... I know its a quality guitar (viper 500s) so whats it matter what the name says?
Quote by J rock
I have no problem with my guitar having LTD written on the headstock... I know its a quality guitar (viper 500s) so whats it matter what the name says?

Same for me, anyways, they are pretty good quality guitars for their price.
Quote by metalgirl0
Same for me, anyways, they are pretty good quality guitars for their price.

Excellent quality for the money I'd say
Doesn't bother me. I think theyre excellent quality.I've played a couple of LTDs (EC-1000, EC500, KH-600, JH-600, AL-600) and I own the M-1000 and they have all been really nice, great feeling guitars. (Although the KH had a real crappy finish)
Well, think about this. B.C. Rich keeps the same name on almost all of their guitars, except the custom shop. They're thought of poorly because of the cheap starter guitars. Now if you look at ESP, it's all high end. It keeps the name good really.
Quote by J rock
Excellent quality for the money I'd say

Unless you're in the UK, in which case it's hard to get worse for the money.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
Unless you're in the UK, in which case it's hard to get worse for the money.

agreed. schecter maybe...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I wouldn't really mind, as long as I like the guitar myself.
Quote by rastaman12
What do people usually do after they **** their sisters?
LTD's IMO, are very high quality....the most expensive LTD's can compare to low end ESP's
Quote by Horlicks
LTD logo looks cooler than the ESP logo IMO

+1.
Besides TS, it doesn't necessarily mean the guitar brand is bad.
Signatures are overrated.
If your headstock says LTD, you're not buying an ESP. Why get mad about that? If you want an ESP, buy one. An LTD is not an ESP, so there's no reason to think an LTD should be labeled so.
The Gear
Schecter Loomis NT
Schecter C7 Hellraiser
Washburn Tabu TB300
Peavey 5150
Laney TT412a

Seriously,I don't really find LTDs cheap.ESPs or LTDs seem just overpriced.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
How are LTDs overpriced? The 400 series and higher are some of the nicest guitars of their variety for the price.
The Gear
Schecter Loomis NT
Schecter C7 Hellraiser
Washburn Tabu TB300
Peavey 5150
Laney TT412a

Quote by icaneatcatfood
Well, think about this. B.C. Rich keeps the same name on almost all of their guitars, except the custom shop. They're thought of poorly because of the cheap starter guitars. Now if you look at ESP, it's all high end. It keeps the name good really.

It's on all of their guitars, some just have the R logo instead of the script logo.
LTDs have Model #'s easy to follow, LTD EC-100, EC-500, EC-1000. The latter being the "Deluxe" series. I have a LTD M1000 (Deluxe) and its badasss. If you just go for the Logo then you're a materialist, no offence...some people were just born that way. I bet you want a Mac too

All that said, LTD's are VERY good guitars Im happy with my LTD

to slayer89, can you explain to me why it says ESP on the back of my headstock?
i love my ESP F-250. Only downside is agathis, but hey, for 250 used, I'm not complaining.

It never goes out of tune, sounds alright, looks cool, ect, so I'm happy.
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
Quote by metallicat420

I'm not slayer89, but... Why wouldn't it?
Quote by J rock
Word.

I currently own 3. 2 of which have been my main guitars for the past 10 years and I couldn't be happier with them.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by metallicat420

Because ESP owns LTD and uses the company to make cheaper and more widely available guitars designed to be like their models. That doesn't mean someone should expect their LTD to be anything else.
The Gear
Schecter Loomis NT
Schecter C7 Hellraiser
Washburn Tabu TB300
Peavey 5150
Laney TT412a

I'm actually kinda spooked because several new, "real" ESPs I've played haven't played as good as some of my older LTDs (After I've set them up of course).
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by slayer89
How are LTDs overpriced? The 400 series and higher are some of the nicest guitars of their variety for the price.

They're overpriced in the UK to say the least. For example, a $600 guitar will be about £500 in the UK which is $1000. It's pretty darn unfair to be honest. I imported my ESP LTD V-500 from Germany and saved £240!
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by Firewind Raging
They're overpriced in the UK to say the least. For example, a $600 guitar will be about £500 in the UK which is $1000. It's pretty darn unfair to be honest. I imported my ESP LTD V-500 from Germany and saved £240!

Why are they so much more money over there?
ESP ltd Viper 500s
Ibanez - RG 321 (EMG 81 / 85)
Ibanez K5 (original model)
Ibanez AEL acoustic

. . . . .. . . .
profiteering mainly...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Firewind Raging

Ahh, okay. Damn, that sucks ass.
The Gear
Schecter Loomis NT
Schecter C7 Hellraiser
Washburn Tabu TB300
Peavey 5150
Laney TT412a