For my birthday I have been given £2500 to spend and I want to buy an amp head and a cabinet. BUT I don't have a clue which one I should get. I listen to bands such as Fightstar, Jimmy Eat World and Brand New, favorite type of music would probaly be hard rock and acoustic. So does anyone knows what type of amp I should go for or anything?
Diezel, if you can afford it by all means get it.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
I think Diezels the way to go. Or mesa, Fightstar and Jimmy Eat World play through mesa's.
I think its the triple Rectifier, although not 100% on that. But its truly a great amp IMO, any of the rectifier's are sweet though.
I can't remember the specific Diezel amp i'm thinking of, check out the website, i'm sure they'll have sound clips on it.
Also take a look at Laneys. Keep it british High end laneys are awsome.
Or if you want to keep it british also look at Hayden.

But tbh germans are usally better with sound and audio stuff than any other country.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
AHH I really want a Diezel now...don't have a UK distrubuter though...looking at mesa now and they seem really good and affordable =D
Quote by MrJohnWayne
AHH I really want a Diezel now...don't have a UK distrubuter though...looking at mesa now and they seem really good and affordable =D

Yea thats the only thing about Diezel's, although you can get them imported, shipping costs are high though, especially as they're so heavy and expensive.
so i think mesa is the way foreward

just a word of advice, don't buy one without trying it. people all say different things about amps, people can point you in the right direction, but you should never spend that sort of cash on an amp without hearing it. whether its first hand, in music shops (which is best) or live gigs are the next best thing, youtube has clips of amps, but do them no justice.
there is a recording studio down the road from me and my friend says they have a triple rectifier so might head down there during the week and see if they can give me a we go on it =P
is this for a band, or just bedroom jamming? dont get 150W of mesa headroom if you can't turn up the volume knob louder than a mosquito fart.

...that being said, the mark series sound pretty decent at low levels. Or take a look into orange amps
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Yeah, unless you play great big arenas, DO NOT get the triple, get the dual, save money and hearing loss, will sound better at lower levels. But i dont think we get screwed on Mesa, especially second hand, thats the way to go really got my head for £500 almost mint, when they go £1500 new (well did up until they recently were discontinued) So ebay it...
I'm in a band like...and I plan to play big arena's when we start giging properly instead of small bar performences and large club venues...and sure I could buy a sound gate and lower the volume on it to keep the tone, heard there was really decent ones going for about 90 in one of the music shops I go into now and again.
Still, with a dual rectifier, you'll have all the volume you'll ever need, whatever show you play, without the worry of it being too loud, and its cheaper. The 50 watt single would be plenty loud enough...
Fender Fender Fender...... (tube amp of course) Mesa Makes great equip but $$$$$ good luck finding it (used). Fender stuff should be easier to find and priced better. If you are serious about the whole playing large venues then Go Mesa and Go big but you may have a problem when band practice is in moms basement and your blowing the neighborhood down with a huge rig. What ever you do dont cheap out because you will be trading it in weeks later cause it sounds horrible.... IE no solid state amps
Quote by joshmaloney
Fender Fender Fender...... (tube amp of course) Mesa Makes great equip but $$$$$ good luck finding it (used). Fender stuff should be easier to find and priced better. If you are serious about the whole playing large venues then Go Mesa and Go big but you may have a problem when band practice is in moms basement and your blowing the neighborhood down with a huge rig. What ever you do dont cheap out because you will be trading it in weeks later cause it sounds horrible.... IE no solid state amps

Did you not read any of the thread?
Fenders will never be able to achieve the tone he wants.
And he's planning on large venues, which typically suggests they've got somewhere other than a basement to practice in.
And i think we'd established no solid states, eg. the £2500 price tag :p

*edit*
But yea, been having a proper read on the mesa's. The double will be pleanty, even for large gigs.
Sorry TomR....... U R the smartest man alive

Just wanted to give a different presepective.

As far as can't get the tone he wants....? do you really think they record with their touring stage amps? answer: probably not. But since you have all they answers why dont u tell us.
Quote by joshmaloney
Sorry TomR....... U R the smartest man alive

Just wanted to give a different presepective.

As far as can't get the tone he wants....? do you really think they record with there touring stage amps? answer: probably not. But since you have all they answers why dont u tell us.

Calm down lol

I know fightstar for a fact use mesa's for recording, as for the rest i don't know.
All i was saying that fenders are not high gain amps, which is what those bands are.

Also, i did mention earlier, if you can try out a Laney, do so, i think you'll be impressed
You could also look in to something cheaper, like a Peavey JSX, then throw some really nice tubes in there. (6l6)

With the leftover, buy some really nice effects.

Just another suggestion.