Which pedal would you guys recommend for a tube half stack? Would it be better to get an overdrive pedal or a tube screamer and if so which pedal/brand/type? Thanks.
the tube screamer is a type of overdrive pedal

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
bad monkey, no contest.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
Ibanez TS808/TS9
Maxon OD9/OD808
Catalinbread Silverkiss

For a cheaper suggestion i recommend the Digitech Bad Monkey
bad monkey, no contest.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Eddie NYC
Is one better than the other for changing an amp's natural tone the least?

I find the Catalinbread a very transparent pedal. The 3 band EQ can really help you out too.

What amp do you have by the way?
well i have the ocd and i think its great lots of gain, and its wery good as clean boost because of very little coloration.. on lp mode its very transparent so that would be my obvious suggestion. but there are also others, like numerous derivates of tubescreamers and such... if you really strech out you could get some realy fancy stuff like zendrive, but its pricy... well, it actualy all depends on price range and what do you want it to do.
It is for a Bugera 6262 half stack. I just wanna "sweeten" and "creamy" up the distortion. A Bad Monkey? really? I don't see any pro's on ubergear using the Bad Monkey. Seems most use a tube screamer or some type of distortion. What's an OCD?
A Bad Monkey is pretty much a Tube Screamer but they aren't ripping you off for the popular name.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Quote by TheEsupremacy
It is for a Bugera 6262 half stack. I just wanna "sweeten" and "creamy" up the distortion. A Bad Monkey? really? I don't see any pro's on ubergear using the Bad Monkey. Seems most use a tube screamer or some type of distortion. What's an OCD?

Haha. OH NO. GUESS YOU BETTER NOT USE IT.

Hey I don't see any pros using Bugera 6262 halfstacks.

If you want a plug and play suck your lows out pedal that will sound insta "good" (whatever "good" is right?) then sure get the TS9. What do I care if you want to waste more money than what is needed.

How about you try a bad monkey? It's a future "legendary" pedal in a lot of peoples opinions. Will a TS9 work? For sure. Will a Bad Monkey do what it does to a degree with more versatility and half the cost? You betcha'.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
Quote by TheEsupremacy
I don't see any pro's on ubergear using the Bad Monkey

if someone tells you "bad monkey, no contest", it's part of a bad joke that will never die

...that being said, bad monkey no contest
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
well i guess tubescreamer then. they are famous for that mid-boost and theyre often used to tighten tone in high gain amps. then you have lots of options. ibanez ts-808, ts-9, then maxons (i heard they are even better but havent tried them out) and, as mentioned before, bad monkey. its essentialy tobescreamer for cheap. it gives you great tone for little money, so its definitely worth trying out. actually the best for you would be to simply go to shop and try out as many overdrives as possible and choose one that suits you
I guess Parry thought I was insulting the Bad Monkey or something. I wasn't. I was just surprised to see no pro's used it at all. I'm gonna give it a listen for sure because so many people talk about it on here. I was just wondering if it has a lot of added distortion or no?
Quote by TheEsupremacy
I guess Parry thought I was insulting the Bad Monkey or something. I wasn't. I was just surprised to see no pro's used it at all. I'm gonna give it a listen for sure because so many people talk about it on here. I was just wondering if it has a lot of added distortion or no?

Do you even understand how a tube amp works?

The trick with the BM is level maxed and gain none or near none. Overdrives boost the signal and can add gain. All you want to do with this puppy is use it for it's magical "lifting and tightening" of tone and as a signal boost.

If you just want "added distortion" then get a boss metal zone lol.
Quote by HxCori<3
Quote by ParryPerson

The trick with the BM is level maxed and gain none or near none. Overdrives boost the signal and can add gain. All you want to do with this puppy is use it for it's magical "lifting and tightening" of tone and as a signal boost.

Um, wow. Total misunderstanding there. I would flame you about knowing how a tube amp works but I think you simply misunderstood what I'm asking. I have NEVER HEARD the Bad Monkey before and I was wondering if it was more of an overdrive pedal WITHOUT ANY ADDED DISTORTION. Mainly, because I don't need any more distortion because it is a high gain tube amp. The Boss Metal Zone comment was downright uncalled for though.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Um, wow. Total misunderstanding there. I would flame you about knowing how a tube amp works but I think you simply misunderstood what I'm asking. I have NEVER HEARD the Bad Monkey before and I was wondering if it was more of an overdrive pedal WITHOUT ANY ADDED DISTORTION. Mainly, because I don't need any more distortion because it is a high gain tube amp. The Boss Metal Zone comment was downright uncalled for though.

Hey, I'm not the one that asked if a OVERDRIVE adds any DISTORTION. Think McFly. Think.
Quote by HxCori<3
Quote by ParryPerson

for just signal boosting a good eq pedal is way better. there no point in getting the bad monkey if you dont want its crunch to flavour your tone.