i am looking at an epiphone les paul gold top with p-90s, but i play a mixture of music styles and wanted to know if you get much feedback when on high gain. If so, then it may not be the right guitar. thanks.
The LP was designed to eliminate (or minimize) feedback so I don't think it will be a problem for you.
Quote by wildyoda2
The LP was designed to eliminate (or minimize) feedback so I don't think it will be a problem for you.

Wrong, the humbuckers where designed to do that.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by HomerSGR

That's right.

However, because the LP is pretty chunky it will take a bit more effort to feedback than other P-90 equipped guitars.

Plus it sounds godly, on lower gain settings though
Quote by HomerSGR

Wrong, humbuckers were designed to eliminate the idle "hum" of a single-coil pick-up. I wonder why my humbucker equipped hollwbody feeds back like crazy, but the same pick-up doesn't in a solid body.
If I remember correctly feedback is your pickup picking the sound from the speaker, which would be amplified in a hollow body since that is why it is hollow.
Epi SG G400 Lefty
Modded Valve Junior
Noisy Cricket 1/2 Watt

Toneport GX
I think Groovis is trying to say I'm right. If you want to minimize feedback, get a solid body guitar. If you want to minimize "idle" hum get humbuckers. The first Les Pauls were ALL single-coil and yet did not feedback.