By running a Metal Muff through a tube amp's clean channel? I currently have no amp as my VK212 broke after 3h of use. So I'm buying a new amp, like a Randall RG50TC, a VK112 or anything else.

Still, would it sound good with a dist pedal through a tube amp? I don't have the pedal yet, but if I don't find any tube amp under 500 € that got enough gain for me, I'm going the pedal way.

What do you think?
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
I thought the way to use distortion pedals WAS to run it through the clean channel. Yeah go for it. The thing that concerns me more is why your amp broke after 3h (i'm guessing that stands for Hours) of use! What the hell did you do to it?!
i wouldnt buy a MM if i was buying a randall.

if you're getting a new amp, wait till you get it and see if it needs anything.

oh amd i use my MM thru a 30W tube amp, sounds nice.

the metal muff is a little harsh sounding at times, but thru some tube amps, sounds a lot more natural.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
ever considered trying to find out what the problem is with your amp?

Idk with distortion pedals. It's different from amp to amp I guess. But on my Randall and my Laney a dist. pedal over the clean channel sounds hit.
The Laney has really nice cleans, and it has an overdrive for those that works just fine. It's just that when combined with a pedal it sounds sucky. Good thing it has nice distortion itself.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by A-G-guitarist
I thought the way to use distortion pedals WAS to run it through the clean channel. Yeah go for it. The thing that concerns me more is why your amp broke after 3h (i'm guessing that stands for Hours) of use! What the hell did you do to it?!

Yeah, I know, but some guy said the best thing with a tube amp is that naturally distortion, not that crappy digital distortion you get outta solid states.

What I did? Nothing! :P

A tube broke when I turned it on the second day I owned it.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by fila_93
Yeah, I know, but some guy said the best thing with a tube amp is that naturally distortion, not that crappy digital distortion you get outta solid states.

What I did? Nothing! :P

A tube broke when I turned it on the second day I owned it.

that can be fixed with a new tube. You don't need a whole new amp

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by PhantomNote
that can be fixed with a new tube. You don't need a whole new amp

Already sended it back to Thomann, as the warranty will brake if I'd put a new tube in it.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
if i bought a new amp, i wouldnt fix it. id return it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
if i bought a new amp, i wouldnt fix it. id return it.

Sure. At first it just sounded like "oh that was that, return and get a new amp".
It didn't sound like he was unsatisfied with the sound of his previous, so why get a new?

'cus Thomann is slow?
Valid point :p

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
someone probably flipped the standby and power switches at the same time and went 0 to dimed in .003 seconds.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
^haha, i think i'd just return it out of principal.

and i know im missing something but, i wonder why consider getting the pedal if a new amp is on the way?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
^haha, i think i'd just return it out of principal.

and i know im missing something but, i wonder why consider getting the pedal if a new amp is on the way?

No no, I'm taking my money back, it's a special service Thomann has if the item is returned within 30 days.

Also, is the stock speaker in the Valveking really that ****? Or does it get better when it has fully broken in?
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
honestly, not too crazy about the stock speaker in VKs.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
honestly, not too crazy about the stock speaker in VKs.

Haha, I didn't understand that sentence :P

Need more english classes
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
HA!, my mistake sorry.

i'm saying, that i think that the valveking's speakers are crappy.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
HA!, my mistake sorry.

i'm saying, that i think that the valveking's speakers are crappy.

Aha, okay.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
They are kinda crappy, but not near as trashy as some stock stuff.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
Quote by ParryPerson
They are kinda crappy, but not near as trashy as some stock stuff.

Really, in what way are they crappy? I've just heard **** about them, but I've never known why.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by fila_93
Really, in what way are they crappy? I've just heard **** about them, but I've never known why.

I've dimed my 4x12 and I mean, they sound ok, but you have to be careful with the EQ or they can get to loose on you.
Quote by HxCori<3