Hi, there. I'm just asking this a because of a guitar I will maybe buy this summer, I just want to see what the possibilities are.

So, if I buy a American Standard Strat SSS, what do I need to make it a HSS? (The HSS one's doesn't come in Olympic White, and I really want that color, and I think a pickup change is easier than to do a refinish.)

I need a new pickguard and a (have forgot the english word) to install them, of course, but what more? How difficult do you think it is?
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
I'm talking about full-size 'bucker here. What do you think of a SEYMOUR DUNCAN TB-12 "Screamin Demon" George Lynch? Is it possible?

*edit: Or better suggestions of pickup?

Don't they make american strats that are already HSS? Never mind I guess I skipped over the part about the color....
Last edited by david_highland at Apr 29, 2008,
Quote by Tackleberry
If its routed should be a simple pickguard and pickup change.

No different wirings and anything else that I need to switch out? I don't want to buy this guitar and discover that it's not as easy as I thought and that is gonna cost more.

its that easy. american standards are routed to have either HSS or SSS so you can replace pickups easily. its just a matter of a new pickguard and a few drops of solder
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking