Anything by steely dan, they are just engineered to perfection.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
your speaker is not broken in?

if i where you, i wouldnt play through it until it is
I'd have to pick hiphop albums, probably. Timbaland's 'shock value' has amazing production, snoop dogg's R&G, kanye west's newest album, and most stuff by 50 cent.

Other bands I can think of with immaculate recording and production would be scar symmetry, protest the hero, and textures.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Opeth - Ghost Reveries

Though it is arguably their most wanky offering, the production is top notch.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by rabidguitarist
I'd have to pick hiphop albums, probably. Timbaland's 'shock value' has amazing production, snoop dogg's R&G, kanye west's newest album, and most stuff by 50 cent.

Other bands I can think of with immaculate recording and production would be scar symmetry, protest the hero, and textures.

k west, 50 cent, and scar symmetry. amazing production there. kanyes second album wasnt too bad productionwise either.

i think an ocean between us by as i lay dying has top notch production quality. but its kindof a turnoff because im used to that looser sound of the guitars. the guitars sound really tight in the new album.
A7x - Waking the fallen is pretty good.

The self titled album, also by A7x is pretty well engineered
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Not A Pretty Girl - Ani DiFranco

You can hear her gasp with exhaustion after pouring every ounce of herself into that album.

The first time I heard it I wondered if she even survived, like it was released posthumously or something. Playing that hard, that passionately would kill an ordinary mortal.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

nick drake- five leaves left
shellac- 1000 hurts
aphex twins ambient works
now extra flamey
some of queens albums like A Night at the Opera
Quote by Powerhouse
I know for a fact that UFO's exist because I was abducted by one when I was 12 and they took me to your anus.

Quote by Greenday389
You know you are a bassist when you are wanted more than you are respected.
i have to say, i really love the production values on afi's sing the sorrow, it just seems like everything 'pops' at the right time, yet the mix is still very deep for only 4 or 5 tonal instruments (vocals, bass 1-3guitars). or most any les paul and mary ford
Definitely the Opeth - Still Life remastered version in 5.1

Amazing.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Number of the Beast. I can't help but get the feeling that I'm actually at a Maiden concert when listening to any of those songs. To me, that's something special.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Carl6661
A7x - Waking the fallen is pretty good.

The self titled album, also by A7x is pretty well engineered

The bass does sound terrible on that album though.
As with all A7x, maybe that's just their style
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by fortysix&2
The bass does sound terrible on that album though.
As with all A7x, maybe that's just their style

Yeah, the bass can't really be heard properly :////
Oh welll, the rest is dang tasty.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Dark side of the moon?

I'd say the wall too but some of the production is a bit "80's" for me.
Quote by kaptink
Dark side of the moon?

I'd say the wall too but some of the production is a bit "80's" for me.

+42

Dark Side is a masterpiece of sound.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
The first Boston album. It's pretty amazing. Tom Scholz was a MIT grad that did something in engineering and man was he good at it
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era