Anyone have any examples of such a top, natural, painted or otherwise?

Warmoth uses AA for their standard laminates and I just wanted to see what I might be getting.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
AA ispretty lame, thats one of the lowest grades you will find, where as 5A is the best.
fight the power that be
K, I know this.

Only thing is, I don't have a couple hundred dollars to blow on a top. I'm only really using a top to get the desired color combo I'm looking for which is a bright colored, natural wood with Black hardware. The top itself is only about an 1/8" thick anyway so it really is purely aesthetics (Yes, it pains me...).

I'm not expecting it to be absolutely gorgeous, if its passable though, I'm fine with that.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
dude, im telling you, you can get MUCH better for alot cheaper. if you are building the guitar yourself and will be putting the top on yourself that is.

check out something like this :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180224297010&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

you can get 3 guitar tops out of those peices, cut them at around 21 inches long each, there you go. thats good looking stuff, plus its starting to spalt, so it looks unique in some spots, im about to buy it myself, but i wont be heartbroken if someone else gets it, its damn cheap too.
fight the power that be
Perhaps my first post was a bit vague, but I'm not doing the topping myself. I'm ordering a body, a neck, and hardware from Warmoth.

The materials you linked are beautiful, but I don't think Warmoth will let me supply my own laminates.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
no, they wont. they dont make money that way. i guess you should just get that then, even thoguh you can get MUCH BETTER And way more beautiful laminate tops throughmighty mite...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-FENDER-TELE-NATURAL-QUILT-MAPLE-TOP-ASH-GUITAR-BODY_W0QQitemZ140228576440QQihZ004QQcategoryZ41406QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

the guys at that store really really nice, and the MM bodies are really really good quality, real wood, etc. the finish work on those is absolutely flawless.
fight the power that be
So...you don't by any chance have an example of 2A do you
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
It looks like it may be better to go flamed, seems like regardless of grade, it shows pretty well.

I see what you mean about the 2A quilt. It looks more like an imperfect piece than anything else.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Again, the flame looks more defined.

I don't really mind the look of flamed/curly maple, I just don't like it in tight grain patterns.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Quote by Guitarzan1143
no, they wont. they dont make money that way. i guess you should just get that then, even thoguh you can get MUCH BETTER And way more beautiful laminate tops throughmighty mite...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-FENDER-TELE-NATURAL-QUILT-MAPLE-TOP-ASH-GUITAR-BODY_W0QQitemZ140228576440QQihZ004QQcategoryZ41406QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

the guys at that store really really nice, and the MM bodies are really really good quality, real wood, etc. the finish work on those is absolutely flawless.

I know where I'm getting my top from!

EDIT: No, I don't. Why must I live in Canada
Last edited by Duval67 at Apr 29, 2008,
Quote by Duval67

I know where I'm getting my top from!

EDIT: No, I don't. Why must I live in Canada

...that guy ships worldwide.