Ibanez ART120-WH (ART100 in the US)
http://www.thomann.de/se/ibanez_art120_wh.htm
or
Ibanez RG321MHWK
http://www.thomann.de/se/ibanez_rg321mhwk.htm

guitar is going to be in D-standard and Drop C. And of course I will try them before I buy but first I want to know how other thing about these 2 guitar.

I'm going to buy the guitar after summer (got a job during summer and after that going to University and study Music and Sound Engineering) and going to replace the Pick-ups inside the 1 I buy and my S470.

The S470 is mainly for Rage Against the Machine like stuff. So I thought about the EMG 81/85 combo.

The other guitar is mainly for Metalcore stuff. So I'm open for suggestions but would prefer active pick-ups.

Hope you can help me.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
bump

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
anyone?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
For metalcore I say RG, or a schecter. Some shecter come with active EMGs. I far prefer the feel of he ibanez however.

I think passive pickups are better though. Give some dimarzios a try.
What about the ART120. I've seen Nick Hipa (As I Lay Dying) use nearly the same (custom model but nearlt the same just better build)?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
The ART120 already has stock actives. I really like the way it played and it actually sounded very nice. I was put off by the looks though, but that's just a matter of opinion. Active EMG's are a bit too hot for RATM stuff I think.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
The ART120 already has stock actives. I really like the way it played and it actually sounded very nice. I was put off by the looks though, but that's just a matter of opinion. Active EMG's are a bit too hot for RATM stuff I think.

But I read somewhere that Tom uses them. Do you have any other suggestions then?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Something like a Seymour Duncan JB, '59 or Custom Custom.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
bump

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
get a schecter, or get the RG
the LP knockoff isn't that good.
I don't even shred
Quote by Nebjy
get a schecter, or get the RG
the LP knockoff isn't that good.

Why is the ATR120 not so good?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Last edited by helsinki_vampir at May 1, 2008,
dude trust me a Schecter will be a much better quality than the ART120...I played em both when I got mine(I have a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser w/ EMG 81/85)...If you like Ibanez, by all means go for it, but get a higher model...I'm not a fan of Ibanez b/c I don't like thin necks, but have played some really nice RG's...If you want to play metalcore get EMG's...I've had Duncans, Dimarzios, you name it and couldn't get the sound I wanted but my EMGs in my Schecter give me exactly what I want, pinch harmonics are amazing with my setup...for your MC guitar def get EMGs
Quote by zhunt1130
dude trust me a Schecter will be a much better quality than the ART120...I played em both when I got mine(I have a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser w/ EMG 81/85)...If you like Ibanez, by all means go for it, but get a higher model...I'm not a fan of Ibanez b/c I don't like thin necks, but have played some really nice RG's...If you want to play metalcore get EMG's...I've had Duncans, Dimarzios, you name it and couldn't get the sound I wanted but my EMGs in my Schecter give me exactly what I want, pinch harmonics are amazing with my setup...for your MC guitar def get EMGs

Problem is I don't want to spend more than 400 Euros tops on the guitar since I will also buy 2 set of pick-ups and some pedals. So if you can recommend anything good under 400 I'm willing to give it a shot.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
bump

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by devit
gget a esp ltd kh 202

only looking for fixed bridge guitars.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
I don't really like the feeling of the neck on ltd's and don't like the shape of the f series.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
anyone else have some input?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
anyone?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by andrewpledger
http://www.andertons.co.uk/acatalog/info_RGR321EXBK.html?utm_source=Froogle&utm_medium=Froogle
its got EMG designed pickups and i know a guy who plays in an MC band and he says its great. if not then the rg321mh

I would rather choose with the RG321MH since the on you suggested is made of basswood while the MH is made of marahgony. and I couldn't find if they do shipping to sweden.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
bump

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B