...To get addicted off nicotine? I know this depends much from person to person, but in general?

I've smoked a couple of times and snuffed aswell. Today I stopped with that **** though as I don't find any reason with it. Half an hour after I decided that, I really was gonna ask my friend after a snuff when I realised I have stopped. It was weird...

I'm confused.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
I think people can have an addictive mind frame,

convince yourself mentally that you're going to quit and it'l happen.
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
addiction is in the mind. i know dudes who started smoking at 15 and in their 40s dropped it like it was nothing. it depends on the person completely. some people have addictive personalities and that plays a role in such things. I smoked in highschool for a year and decided i was wasting my money so i dropped it and never picked it up again. so it differs.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Quote by rebeltildeth87
addiction is in the mind. i know dudes who started smoking at 15 and in their 40s dropped it like it was nothing. it depends on the person completely. some people have addictive personalities and that plays a role in such things. I smoked in highschool for a year and decided i was wasting my money so i dropped it and never picked it up again. so it differs.

Nah, there are 2 kinds of addiction, physical and psychological, nicotine is a physical addiction. Your body needs it to function properly once you become addicted to it. If you don't get it then your body starts to do strange things, these are called withdrawal symptoms.

While it is true that there are people who suffer more from addiction than others, ultimately, once you're addicted, it's physical.
Quote by rebeltildeth87

Exactly.
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
I don't know if this matters, but I have a sort of obsession with all kind of ****. I don't what it's called, but something in my head says "You must do this and that and that."

Like my head says - "Yo, go down the stairs and drink a lot of water." Then I do it, and if I don't I can't concentrate on anything else. It really sucks.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Nicotine addiction (along with most other drugs) affects your body chemistry, so it's purely physical. However, the reason the taking of whatever is often psychological. What it does is replace mood-altering chemicals in your brain, so you develop cravings to keep it stable, and the whole process is mostly sub-conscious. All you do is pick the stuff up and jam it into you body...and the frequency that you do it increases the need for whatever, so you're lucky that you only did a bit.

Quote by fila_93
I don't know if this matters, but I have a sort of obsession with all kind of ****. I don't what it's called, but something in my head says "You must do this and that and that."

Like my head says - "Yo, go down the stairs and drink a lot of water." Then I do it, and if I don't I can't concentrate on anything else. It really sucks.

OCD. Or you're Rainman. Lemme get some toothpicks and we can check.
Quote by LgLagro
You, you bring us both corm, and two hot russian gymnasts pretty much making out, you are a legend.

Limping Head Journalist and Proprietor of PitTown Cricket Club.

Keeping quiet about scandals since 2008.
I've been smoking for a little over a year. I kinda have an addictive personality, so i would say i'm addicted, though i dont smoke a whole lot anymore. I used to chainsmoke last summer and when i was in college last semester. Now, i will have a cig once or twice in a span of 3 or 4 days.

I think i could kick it, but the thing is i dont really have much ambition to at this point in my life. Plus i stole a carton of cigs from work for when i would be out drinking (i chainsmoke when i drink), so now, since i dont smoke often, i have enough cigarettes to last me a few months. After that i dont plan on buying my own, maybe if one of my friends is smoking just bum one off him. It gets expensive.
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
Quote by TheFishMan92

OCD. Or you're Rainman. Lemme get some toothpicks and we can check.

I'm Rainman. Seriously.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by fila_93
I'm Rainman. Seriously.

AAAAAAHHHHH AAAAHHHHH *slaps head violently*
Quote by LgLagro
You, you bring us both corm, and two hot russian gymnasts pretty much making out, you are a legend.

Limping Head Journalist and Proprietor of PitTown Cricket Club.

Keeping quiet about scandals since 2008.