HI I need to know how better to keep my string pegs in place, after I tune it on a certian string it keeps comming out and flying across the room sometimes, that is before I have even tuned it to the proper note. When taking them out before for the first time to install new strings I think I made the holes bigger then taking them out,

Im sure I screwed up but is there any way to fix this? has anyone got this problem? Or maybe I am just doing something wrong and its not 'broken' at all.
im not too experienced with this problem, but i know you really, really gotta jam those suckers in there, how hard are you pushing them in?
try cramming them in with a matchstick
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by tdopz
im not too experienced with this problem, but i know you really, really gotta jam those suckers in there, how hard are you pushing them in?

Quite hard but what I mean is I think when I took them out I made the holes bigger and now they wont stay in.
Quote by niall07
HI I need to know how better to keep my string pegs in place, after I tune it on a certian string it keeps comming out and flying across the room sometimes, that is before I have even tuned it to the proper note. When taking them out before for the first time to install new strings I think I made the holes bigger then taking them out,

Im sure I screwed up but is there any way to fix this? has anyone got this problem? Or maybe I am just doing something wrong and its not 'broken' at all.

The hole in the bridge may have gotten too large. Check the edge around the top of the hole. Is it rounded more on the string that flies out? Try rotating the peg so that the string isn't in the peg's slot. If this doesn't work you can try buying replacement pegs that are slightly thicker. You can also build up the diameter of the peg by coating it with a clear coat of laquer, nail polish or something along those lines.
Yeah the bit at the front of the hole is too big like its been worn away, I will try and turn the peg around so that its more jammed in, this wont make it more likely to fly out will it?
So far no one's answered this correctly. Especially the guy up there that says to cram them in there really really tight. Get a clue already!
No, they don't need to be jammed in so tight that you'll need a prybar and hammer next time you want to change strings. They do need to be snug so that they don't fall out on their own tho. The problem is in how you are putting the strings and pins in the bridge. If you are installing them so that the ball end of the string is resting on the tip of the pin, then pressing both down into the bridge, then stringing the other end up into the tuner and trying to tune up, out pops the pin right? The problem is back when you put the pin and string into the hole in the bridge. Give the ball end of the string a little bend first, about 1/4 inch from the ball. Bend it just so it's not straight anymore. Stick the ball end of the string down into the hole FIRST, then put the pin in, with the slot facing the saddle. Press the pin in place firmly while at the same time pulling back on the string. See, the ball end needs to rest on the bottom of the bridge plate inside the guitar, and up against the SIDE of the pin, not on the tip of it. If you do it right, the ball will wedge itself in place, and it and the pin will stay put. Here's a pic of how it should be from inside the guitar. By the way, he's showing using a quarter to help remove stubborn pins. Anyway, see how the ball is along the SIDE of the pin, not on it's tip? This is the proper position for both parts.