but i dont know what it is. . .

anyways, its a hodgepodge of a guitar. i think it was made around the time of the 70's, possibly late 60's. My dad took a look at the case and the stickers on them, and dated it that way (odd way, isnt it?)

anyways, this is where it gets weird. the neck, is like a 52 tele neck, except it has a V contour, and a bullet truss rod nut at the headstock. the body is ash, with some random inlays, tone, volume, pup selector, and some other switch i dont know what it does. as of now, the guitar isnt playable, sine the saddles are about a mile off the bridge, and all 12 screws are stripped or seased. not sure what kind of pups, i havnt taken them out yet, i think the bridge is a dimarzio, no idea on the neck pup.

if anyone can help, it would be nice.

and since threads are worthless without pics, here are some.

Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
here are some more pics.

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
no love? i thought some of you would know a thing or two.

but it looks like i have a project on my hands, all 4 neck screws are stripped.

Quote by steven seagull
it came from a friend of a g/f. she claimed to boost it. we were at six flags on sunday, talking about things that have been stolen, and she told us she stole a guitar.

and she showed me it, said it has no value to her and gave it to me.

Quote by steven seagull
Notice the missing low E string? The Tele-shaped headstock? The almost Butterscotch color of the Natural finish? The mini-Humbucker in the bridge?

Your GF's friend jacked one of Keith Richard's guitars! ... the one he bought when he was in a playful mood and deviated from his obsession with Teles. Deviated as in a Bridge Humbucker and an almost Strat shape.

Congratulations! You'll probably receive a friendly email from KR asking it back.

give me back my *@$$! guitar!!!

Lol, looks nice i like the finish and the random inlays. i'll take it off you hands if you want.

i like how she stole a guitar with a police sticker on it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by tubadude

That looks like a piece of chewing gum stuck in there!

But overall, a very cool looking guitar. I like the upside down jack. And I definitely recognize the stickers. I had a bunch of STP and Budman stickers as a kid, myself.

Maybe when you take the neck off, there'll be some hidden info in there. A number, at least.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Did someone try and holepunch the guitar?

On the right side of the darker wood, between the pickups, where the black stripe ends.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
very odd guitar... fix it up

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
Looks pretty cool to me. Too bad it looks like the clear is a little worse for wear. Maybe you could try and buff those cracks out. Don't think you'll be able to, but worth a shot.
Quote by Ippon
Notice the missing low E string? The Tele-shaped headstock? The almost Butterscotch color of the Natural finish? The mini-Humbucker in the bridge?

Your GF's friend jacked one of Keith Richard's guitars! ... the one he bought when he was in a playful mood and deviated from his obsession with Teles. Deviated as in a Bridge Humbucker and an almost Strat shape.

Congratulations! You'll probably receive a friendly email from KR asking it back.

i took the E string off, to see if i could get the saddle to move down. too lazy to but it back on.

but hey, i get to meet keith richards.

Quote by slatsmania
That looks like a piece of chewing gum stuck in there!

But overall, a very cool looking guitar. I like the upside down jack. And I definitely recognize the stickers. I had a bunch of STP and Budman stickers as a kid, myself.

Maybe when you take the neck off, there'll be some hidden info in there. A number, at least.

took it off, no numbers on the neck or body.

as for the inlays, there are a bunch of random ones. its kinda weird. . . the hole punch is a inlay, the "bubblegum" is an inlay.

as for the stripped neck, should i do the toothpick fix of the strap button, or should i be more brutal with wood filler?

Quote by steven seagull
Wood filler won't work with a strap button due to the fact it would take too long to dry. If you want the best possible fix, drill out the hole and put in a wooden dowel. Redrill a pilot hole, and put in the screw.
no idea what it is, austin, but it does look cool...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Not a washburn??? wow........thats new for you

Where did you pick that up? Looks pretty weird.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

^read above,

and i own 3 guitars now that arent washburns, not too odd for me.

Quote by steven seagull
oh......interesting way to obtain a guitar......are you going to be up here next weekend? not like this week, but next week.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

im up usually every weekend nick. . .

Quote by steven seagull
looks awesome... new guitars are good clean fun, even if they are stolen.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Oh, well USUALLY being the key word.....you still haven't played the Schecter. Are you serious about trading?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Holy 5 and a 1/2 year bump batman!

anywho, i kinda forgot about the guitar, had some free time, and fixed it. it still looks the same, but figured out the little switch is a phase switch. which makes it more odd to me. as for it being keith richard's guitar, i couldnt find any info or pictures on that. i showed it to my boss and he says it looks like a harmony guitar. with that info, i found nothing to make me believe it is true.

im sure no one remembers this thread, but i figured i'd share. here is a pic of me putting it back together.

Quote by steven seagull
I like the abalone accens on the body. That's different.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
why is the input jack the wrong way?
cool guitar, btw.
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

Quote by randomguy2000
why is the input jack the wrong way?
cool guitar, btw.

its how it was. but it works great to feed your cable through the guitar strap

Quote by steven seagull
Cool guitar looks like a pawnshop treasure
I love pawnshop finds how's it sound?
Quote by RJH11
Cool guitar looks like a pawnshop treasure
I love pawnshop finds how's it sound?

it sounds like a telecaster. a tele with hotter pickups. if that says anything

Quote by Gibson_LesPaul_
Is it ash?

yep, ash body, maple neck

Quote by steven seagull