well i do

whether you play drums in big band/jazz group or oboe in orchestra, they blow balls

why should i give-up my lunchtimes and hours afterschool for something i don't enjoy and something that puts me off playing my instruments?

in fact, i'd give up all bands i'm in, but i do GCSE music and all my teachers would highly dislike me

btw: i play guitar and trumpet/cornet

who else hates this crap?

or is no one else a victim of authority? wait! i usually pretend i forget to go, and go home and do something useful, like post in the pit, or revision
KAPTAINS - Coming Soon!
-
Epiphone G-400 Custom
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
-
Crybaby
Digitech Bad Monkey
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
Boss BF3
-
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Marshall G50RCD
i love symponic band and jazz band. i'd give up much more of my time for them if need be.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
How can you call yourself a musician and hate band? Even if it's a school band.
I thoroughly enjoyed playing in band in school and in fact, played in two orchestras outside of school because I had so much fun with it.
I hate them because my band director is an old white guy who wants to be black. I don't have anything against people of other race, but I do get pissed off when people try to say anyone is better than another.

More importantly he picked out sucky music for us to play.
do you really want to listen to a middle aged woman teacher gabble on to the tuba section after school on tuesdays?

do you really want to listen to a smarmy b*****d thats obsessed with 1940's jazz blow on his proverbial trombone about how superior trombones are compared to trumpets and sax's on your tuesday lunchtimes and wednesday after school??

i just hate doing things i don't like, unfortunatly, life is full of them.

i don't want to **** up my GCSEs for something thats not going to do me any favors.

i hardly ever play any instrument out of school, because it bores the sh*t out of me.

i wish i could still play my trumpet as often as i used to .

blah xD
KAPTAINS - Coming Soon!
-
Epiphone G-400 Custom
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
-
Crybaby
Digitech Bad Monkey
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Boss BF3
-
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Marshall G50RCD
I was in the school band in middle school, and after that I quit. My band director scolded me every day about how I sucked at playing trumpet and how I wouldn't make anything good out of my trumpet abilities.

He was both wrong and right. He was right that I sucked at the trumpet. And he was wrong that I couldn't transfer my music theory knowledge to a certain piece of wood with strings on it
wellll i quite like jazz/ska/blues and the like, but meet the band director and you'll NEVER want to see him again

the hag who does orchestra's/brass bands, cant trust me with a decent part, i have to play all the easy sh*t.

gahh, cant wait till i goto another school for A/S-levels, NO MORE OF IT
KAPTAINS - Coming Soon!
-
Epiphone G-400 Custom
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
-
Crybaby
Digitech Bad Monkey
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Boss BF3
-
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Marshall G50RCD
No.
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
My old high school band was pretty sweet. We'd put 3 or 4 solos into the middle of every song and just jam. I feel kinda bad for anyone who had to listen to us, but it was fun.
its only fun when its constructive but fun and layed back (no teachers raping you when you play ONE wrong dynamic), and playing decent tunes that aren't too easy or hard (no top top D's on the trumpet) thats my conclusion xD

and no instrumentism (slagging off others for what they play) unless its against flutes (i'm sorry but you CANNOT respect a guy who plays the flute, no matter how good he is, its like a man who wears a thong, only girls should )
KAPTAINS - Coming Soon!
-
Epiphone G-400 Custom
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
-
Crybaby
Digitech Bad Monkey
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Boss BF3
-
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Marshall G50RCD
I'm trying to get my mom to let me drop orchestra next year.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
I play guitar in jazz band and percussion in concert band you asshole.
Signature temporarily empty
well if you dont like it....

when i go to my new school, bands are WAAAIII out of the question :\ :P

unfortunatly i still have a year left at my current school
KAPTAINS - Coming Soon!
-
Epiphone G-400 Custom
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
-
Crybaby
Digitech Bad Monkey
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Boss BF3
-
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Marshall G50RCD
I really like band...I play the trombone in both jazz band and the basic concert band. I have for years, and it has actually taught me quite a bit about music.
Quote by goldmember1217
I swallow it whole, like a man.
Quote by Lord Of Donkeys
I play guitar in jazz band and percussion in concert band you asshole.

your point?

come to those 2 bands at my school and you wont want to go back :P.
KAPTAINS - Coming Soon!
-
Epiphone G-400 Custom
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
-
Crybaby
Digitech Bad Monkey
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Boss BF3
-
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Marshall G50RCD
I love band. My school has one of the best music programs in the State.
12 fret fury
yeah i hate some putos whit their crappy band --memory card --- and their repetitive songs and all of them are emos and they say they play punk
Roberto esponja ..MEROL !!!!!
same man, i'm sick of band (trumpet) but i'm not allowed to quit

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Yeah, well thats cause your doing GCSE crap. GCSE sucks for music. Go to America, I went to a public school in America for 4 years and they had amazing music there. Awesome facilities, Peavey amps in the practise rooms, I loved it. Now IM in an IGCSE school and it sucks.