OK, up on the block today, we have a 1996 PRS Custom 24, serial number 6 25711. This is being sold as a "player's" guitar, not a mint, NIB collectible. Want a high-end guitar that you can gig with, and not worry about getting banged around a bit? This one's for you.

Flamed maple top (not a 10 top), Emerald Green, black back, bird inlays, and natural binding. HFS and Vintage Bass Pickups, and 5-way rotary selector. Tremolo bridge, and locking tuners. Regular profile neck, not the wide/thin. Trading/selling because I didn't bond with it as much as I thought I would, and I'm still looking for "that" guitar. Comes with OHSC.

Cosmetically in OK condition (beat up), with buckle rash on the back, and "watch rash" and pick scratches on the top. The deepest ding is behind the trem, but isn't bad. I tried to capture it the best I could, but they aren't that great (the pics). There was some surface rust on the pickup ring screws, and tuning posts when I got it, but I have since cleaned them up (I didn't use a wire brush on the tuning posts, because I didn't want to take the finish off).
The frets are plain ok, with some wear on the first few. The fretboard is dent and chip free. Back of the neck is fine, save for a tiny, tiny ding just below the second fretwire, just below the fretboard.

Now for the largest flaw, the back of the neck, near the volute. The finish has cracked in a V pattern (almost looks like a cracked neck), but it's structurally sound, and no wood exposed. One side actually goes around the back of the neck, and up the the bottom of the front of the headstock. There are also some finish crack on the back of the headstock, near the tuners (again, not wood cracks).

So really, this guitar is totally playable, just looks a little rough in some spots. Did I mention it sounds great, too?

Looking for $900 shipped OBO or trade for an Explorer of Flying V.
Payment by USPS Money Orders only, NO PAYPAL.

PICS:

This one probable show the "watch rash" the best VVV

Finish cracks VVV

If anyone wants/needs more pics of certain spots/areas, just shoot me an email or PM. My email addy is Gheppetto717 @gmail.com - Offers may be sent there, too.
Quote by Slaytanic6606
We have a pyramid with an all seeing eye, and a menacing eagle with arrows in it's talons.
You have a duck.

PRS Custom 24
Peavey Windsor + 2x12
Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tubescreamer
Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
Last edited by Gheppetto at Apr 30, 2008,
are you sure those cracks are just in the finish?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
are you sure those cracks are just in the finish?

That's what I was told by the tech, but I could definitely get a second opinion.
Quote by Slaytanic6606
We have a pyramid with an all seeing eye, and a menacing eagle with arrows in it's talons.
You have a duck.

PRS Custom 24
Peavey Windsor + 2x12
Quote by alexruimy

No thanks man, I'm not really into Ibanez guitars.
Quote by Slaytanic6606
You have a duck.

PRS Custom 24
Peavey Windsor + 2x12
Free bump for a beautiful guitar.
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Dunlop Wah
Dano EQ
Interested in a fernandes ravelle (EMG loaded) or a Schecter exotic (SD loaded)? A long shot, I know, but worth a shot.
Last edited by thesockmonster at Apr 29, 2008,
Quote by thesockmonster
Interested in a fernandes ravelle (EMG loaded) or a Schecter exotic (SD loaded)? A long shot, I know, but worth a shot.

Hey thanks for the offer. Not my bag though, sorry.

Anyways, suspending the sale for now.
Quote by Slaytanic6606
You have a duck.

PRS Custom 24
Peavey Windsor + 2x12
Back up.
Quote by Slaytanic6606
You have a duck.

PRS Custom 24
Peavey Windsor + 2x12
Quote by morgan_a7x
I have a practically mint condition BC Rich Warlock Exotic with an active EMG 81 if you are interested.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=844329

Heh, not really liking that styling. Thanks for the offer, though.

$850 takes it home.
Quote by Slaytanic6606
You have a duck.

PRS Custom 24
Peavey Windsor + 2x12
Quote by pierce34celtic
ESP LTD MH-400NT or Carvin Dc127?

No thanks, looking only for cash, an Explorer, or a V.
Quote by Slaytanic6606
You have a duck.

PRS Custom 24
Peavey Windsor + 2x12
Quote by Gheppetto
No thanks, looking only for cash, an Explorer, or a V.

what kind of v might you be looking for?
So like, nipple hairs...is that sexy?
Quote by sk8aman23
what kind of v might you be looking for?

A Gibson. Same for the Explorer, plus I'd be willing to throw $200 extra for the right one.
Quote by Slaytanic6606
You have a duck.

PRS Custom 24
Peavey Windsor + 2x12