what do you think of this idea spray paint over a factory finish black with a red paint and then let it dry

then later wear bits of by playing leaving a black and red relic look to it

i have some questions though

1. can someone make a model to see how it it could turn out?

2.what could i use to make parts of the red stick after wearing out most of it?

3.what do you think of the idea?
Quote by jakewynnrocks
marshall has half stacks for only 600, but i dont know if theyre any good. seems like a good deal....
could just tape off some random patters or designs on then paint red, peel off tape and coverings et violá
i dont like that i want to make it look like it was a relic but instead of wood show the black
Quote by jakewynnrocks
marshall has half stacks for only 600, but i dont know if theyre any good. seems like a good deal....
that would be really easy, all you have to do is just spray one coat of red and when it dries, before putting together the guitar again, rub out spots where you want the black to show through, and then clearcoat it.
Quote by rednwhiteblues
that would be really easy, all you have to do is just spray one coat of red and when it dries, before putting together the guitar again, rub out spots where you want the black to show through, and then clearcoat it.

exactly what i planned to say
ok so if i did it that way would it be more of a blend or like chunks of paint?
Quote by jakewynnrocks
ok so would 1 coat of clear hold it?
Quote by jakewynnrocks