I have my final project for photo due tomorrow and I need help picking out an instrumental/ambient track to play in the background.

The project is a presentation of 30 slides w/ me speaking about every single slide while they are on the screen. Part of my assignment is to pick out an ambient/instrumental track to play in the background.

The track must go with the slides and must not interrupt my presentation. I was thinking a nice, medium paced orchestral piece, techno/trance, or maybe an acoustic track.

The thing is, it must last my as long as my presentation which I estimate will take anywhere from 10 minutes to 15 minutes, so the track must fill up the entire duration.

I need your help!

Thanks!
Founder of the Mike.h murder case group
Mike.h murder case
This day will go down in Lulzfamy.

Quote by Audio™
The Pit can't even solve what they want for lunch let alone how to save the world.
Look up Death Cube K. Ambience right there.

Or, Buckethead depending on what you're wanting.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Hmmm...

What's the presentation about? That would rather help. Also, would you prefer it up tempo, or slow?

TBH I think you'd be best just getting a generic dancey sounding loop. I'll throw together a quick minimalist loop if you want.
Average White Band stuff- "pick up the pieces" maybe, but youd have to loop it like three times
...but i can't see, that this is me...and I'll be.. you'll all see- that I'm the One

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!

Layin' on my back in the newly mown grass. Rain comin' down, but I know the clouds will pass
Padmasana by Buckethead. About 11 minutes long and its so calm and hypnotic that everyone will totally ignore how much your presentation sucks
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Oh, I forgot to mention what I did for my project, sorry.

My project is about my spring break trip to Lake Tahoe for skiing and snowboarding. I don't want any kind of electric guitar/generic band stuff. I would prefer medium to slow tempo.

Ask all the questions you want.

Vermitide, that'd be awesome if you could make up a simple loop for me. I could do it ( I use Fruity Loops) but I don't have that much time.

If I wanted guitar, then maybe some type of World music. idk. bring all you've got.
Mike.h murder case

Quote by Audio™
The Pit can't even solve what they want for lunch let alone how to save the world.
Quote by ir0n_ma1den

My project is about my spring break trip to Lake Tahoe for skiing and snowboarding. I don't want any kind of electric guitar/generic band stuff. I would prefer medium to slow tempo.

Vermitide, that'd be awesome if you could make up a simple loop for me. I could do it ( I use Fruity Loops) but I don't have that much time.

Something off Buckethead's 'Electric Tears' album, or again Death Cube K. Alot of the songs seem to flow together on that one, so really you could have a couple five minute ones and nobody would notice.

...you visited The Block, didn't you?
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
I would suggest ''Inhale - Killswitch engage'' its a short song, so may have to be put on repeat a few times
JP
Rylynn by Andy McKee then it goes into Air Tap by Erik Mongrain dude that would be pretty cool right there
Quote by JWD19
Air Tap by Erik Mongrain dude thats a pretty BA song right there

it certainly is, it certainly is
JP
Quote by Td_Nights

...you visited The Block, didn't you?

????

explain.
Mike.h murder case

Quote by Audio™
Quote by JWD19
Rylynn by Andy McKee then it goes into Air Tap by Erik Mongrain dude that would be pretty cool right there

Air tap is a good song... hmmm....

just listened to Rylynn, its a good song, but its too slow and not very upbeat, I don't think it would fit well with snowboarding/skiing. maybe something that gives an airy feeling, something epic maybe, idk, its gunna be hard picking out a good song.

Anyone have any good orchestral pieces?

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, but keep on suggesting! I don't care what it is, just tell me about it!

thanks
Mike.h murder case

Quote by Audio™
Last edited by ir0n_ma1den at Apr 29, 2008,
Quote by ir0n_ma1den
Air tap is a good song... hmmm....

dude those two tracks would be pretty soothing back to back
Quote by ir0n_ma1den

If I wanted guitar, then maybe some type of World music. idk. bring all you've got.

Well you could probably do something better yourself anyway, but just stick this on repeat perhaps?

http://www.mediafire.com/?mymzbpitjin

Only took me like 10 minutes, no sweat if it isn't what you want. I'm just finding excuses not to do my own work :p
Quote by Vermintide
Well you could probably do something better yourself anyway, but just stick this on repeat perhaps?

http://www.mediafire.com/?mymzbpitjin

Only took me like 10 minutes, no sweat if it isn't what you want. I'm just finding excuses not to do my own work :p

thanks man!

If I can't settle on a song within a few hours then I might have to make one.

Keep the suggestions coming!

thanks
Mike.h murder case

Quote by Audio™
Some Sunn O)))

Shankbön by The Slackers

Transylvania by Iron Maiden

Voice of the Soul by Death

Gay Rude Boys Unite [Instrumental Version] by Leftöver Crack
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
If you want ambient, then maybe some stuff from Burzum's Hliðskjálf.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
hmm do something like Hoppipolla by Sigur Ros or maybe something by Enigma, sigur ros is very calm post-rock and enigma is more techno/trance, either would suit you well

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PDxMQaMqsig - thats the sigur ros one

for something a little more upbeat/electronic you could try some daft punk (ie digital love, steam machine, maybe one of their live remixes would work as you can let it play through for quite a long time)

for crazily upbeat electronic/happy hardcore stuff download some bonkers albums hahathey rule, if you want an example I'll put something on putfile
The Four Seasons by Vivaldi.
It will definitely fill up the entire time if you get all four parts in one track. It's around 39 minutes long.

EDIT: Or Beethoven's 7th Symphony. It's right under 15 minutes.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Last edited by SOADrox429 at Apr 29, 2008,
Quote by priest.fan.
hmm do something like Hoppipolla by Sigur Ros or maybe something by Enigma, sigur ros is very calm post-rock and enigma is more techno/trance, either would suit you well

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PDxMQaMqsig - thats the sigur ros one

for something a little more upbeat/electronic you could try some daft punk (ie digital love, steam machine, maybe one of their live remixes would work as you can let it play through for quite a long time)

for crazily upbeat electronic/happy hardcore stuff download some bonkers albums hahathey rule, if you want an example I'll put something on putfile

Woah! Someone else who knows Enigma! Kudos.

If you want upbeat Orchestral, look at something by Gustav Holst. He had MANY great compositions.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by SOADrox429
The Four Seasons by Vivaldi.
It will definitely fill up the entire time if you get all four parts in one track. It's around 39 minutes long.

As the moods in the different parts are quite contradicting you shouldn't just take all but pick the pieces that fit.

I can't believe nobody said I Cum Blood yet.
Quote by Firzen_Zero
As the moods in the different parts are quite contradicting you shouldn't just take all but pick the pieces that fit.

I can't believe nobody said I Cum Blood yet.

True. Just one of the four parts should be long enough. Except for Winter. It think that Autumn is the longest.

You could use Implements of Destruction by Chimaira, but after about a minute and a half, it gets heavy.
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
does anybody know an instrumental piece that has a floating/weightless/spacey feel/ flying?
Mike.h murder case

Quote by Audio™
You might want to try The Album Leaf. They have tons of ambient, mellow music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkceToSlzbM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOBjxyW---A&feature=related

While I love my progressive rock and metal, and shred music, I just love The Album Leaf.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Quote by Firzen_Zero
Err, maybe Orion.

the one by Robrigo y gabriela or metallica?
Mike.h murder case

Quote by Audio™
Out of the Sunrise - Joe Satriani

I know it has electric guitar but I think that its worth an exception. Its an amazing track although it might not fit as well as I think it will.
Gear
Agile Septor 7
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone G-400
Ovation Celebrity 12 string
Peavey Classic 50
Quote by ir0n_ma1den
does anybody know an instrumental piece that has a floating/weightless/spacey feel/ flying?

Try Too Many Humans by Buckethead. It might not be quite what you're looking for, though. It's not quite long enough, but you could put it on repeat and play it twice.
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
I like the possibilty of using:

I need Help by The Album Leaf ( thanks bluesrocker101)

maybe Tiesto stuff

Satriani and Vai are good path also (thanks FuriousRyder)
Mike.h murder case

Quote by Audio™
Quote by ir0n_ma1den
I like the possibilty of using:

I need Help by The Album Leaf ( thanks bluesrocker101)

maybe Tiesto stuff

Satriani and Vai are good path also (thanks FuriousRyder)

I just thought of another one but its not an instrumental... what about Space Dye Vest by Dream Theater
^ I like it, but it has vocals. thats the main no-no.
Mike.h murder case

Quote by Audio™
Quote by ir0n_ma1den
^ I like it, but it has vocals. thats the main no-no.

If only there was an instrumental version
Quote by ir0n_ma1den

Wizards in Winter - The Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
Echos by Pink Floyd?

maby a Medley of Andy mcKee? Rylnn is pretty long if i remember correctly, and that paired with "when She cries" should fill ur time.
Quote by JWD19
If only there was an instrumental version

actually, I do have a program that splits the voice from the instrument pretty well. Its called Adobe Audition. It only works perfectly if the voice is on the center channel.

I might try it if I don't find any other song.
Mike.h murder case

Quote by Audio™