just two general questions.

"The AT-100 is loaded with features including a Tri-Mode Rectifier that allows you to select among three different rectifier circuits: Solid State, Tube A, or Tube AB1."

what the HELL does that mean? and can i use just the head without speakers? or do i need speakers? thanks ahead of time
u need speakers or something to have the signal sent to and its just different sounds
Quote by moonhawk
just two general questions.

"The AT-100 is loaded with features including a Tri-Mode Rectifier that allows you to select among three different rectifier circuits: Solid State, Tube A, or Tube AB1."

what the HELL does that mean? and can i use just the head without speakers? or do i need speakers? thanks ahead of time

The rectifier modes allow you to switch between supposedly rather subtle voicings, you can under so circumstances use the head without speakers, you'll blow something in your amp especially since its all-tube, you will need a cabinet
You definately need at least one speaker, or else your gonna hurt your amp permanently. And the three rectifiers are for some different sounds and possibly gain structures.
bummer... deff dont want to blow something in my amp. thanks for the help guys =]

edit: could a vox AD50VT be used as a speaker until i could afford a legit speaker? if not any reccomendations? (yes...i dont know much about amps. lol. i gotta learn somehow)
Last edited by moonhawk at Apr 29, 2008,
Quote by moonhawk
bummer... deff dont want to blow something in my amp. thanks for the help guys =]

edit: could a vox AD50VT be used as a speaker until i could afford a legit speaker? if not any reccomendations? (yes...i dont know much about amps. lol. i gotta learn somehow)

I highly doubt, don't quote me though, that's a hundred watt amp you'd be pushing through a fifty watt enabled speaker, you might have to wait until you can afford a cab, there might even be problems with the impedance. Better wait for someone more experienced to come along though
Quote by Shred Head
I highly doubt, don't quote me though, that's a hundred watt amp you'd be pushing through a fifty watt enabled speaker, you might have to wait until you can afford a cab, there might even be problems with the impedance. Better wait for someone more experienced to come along though

oh yea.forgot about the whole wattage thing. was just wondering if it was possible. dont wanna have a speaker blow out..i imagine that would be very very bad...
The three rectifier modes enable operation based on different amp classes..

Read up on Class A and Class A/B amps.

Class A provides the spongiest of the settings, A/B the most efficient for the tubes, and Solid State provides the tightest gain structure...

I prefer mine in class A or A/B for sound..

Also, NEVER turn on a tube amp without speakers connected. With nothing to apply the load to, you will ruin the amp.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
I'm looking at the same head. Yesterday a gut at Guitar Center said that a rectifier switches between a/c and d/c current. It is only needed for tube amps. Solid state amps use some sort of diode to change the current. I'm not sure what the difference is between A and A/B though.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb Combo
Marshall JMP-1

Amp Restoration

SG Build
Quote by dlabooda
I'm looking at the same head. Yesterday a gut at Guitar Center said that a rectifier switches between a/c and d/c current. It is only needed for tube amps. Solid state amps use some sort of diode to change the current. I'm not sure what the difference is between A and A/B though.

Somewhat accurate...

That's what a "Rectifier" does... There are two types, SS rectifiers and rectifier tubes(depending on the type of amp you have)..

That strictly applies to the rectifier component within the amp.., and ALL rectifiers do that...

The rectifier modes have to do with the operation of your amps tubes, not just the rectifier tube or diode..

See my post above, that explains the difference between the settings...

Also, there's a lot that can be misconstrued from the term "rectifier"... Just because an amp has rectifier in it's name doesn't necessarily mean a lot, as rectifiers are common in amps in general..
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Last edited by Reildeal at Jul 14, 2008,
If you can't afford a cab then get the combo version. They make a 50 watt 112 and I believe a 100 wat 212 combo.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
you can use the old speaker in your old amp. just dont turn it up all the way. just bedroom volumes.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.