Well Take a look at this guitar here. Can you tell me if it looks any good? I think its holding me back and I plan to get a new guitar. But I havent been playing for long enough to tell for myself so I thought I'd ask. It only has one humbucker and I know its bad because its stock and the guitar was pretty cheap and it falls out sometimes. The guitar is made out of something that is about the same as fiberglass but weighs like its plastic. If it is bad and I should get a new guitar please offer suggestions of guitars under $250...thats already pushing i because im 14 and have to pay for it myself. THe cheaper the better but I still want good quality......(btw it is black and ugly in my opinion)

http://www.zzounds.com/item--SWTWILDI

I'm into almost all rock bands from the late 60s to early 80s. I especially like Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin,(those are my top 3)the Who, Queen and AC/DC
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
How a guitar sounds or looks shouldn't be an issue for practicing guitarist. In what way do you think it's holding you back? If playability is the issue, certainly go for a new guitar, but you might plan on saving up a good amount of money ($500+) before upgrading, or it's not really worth it. In my experience, if you can get your hand around the neck and on the frets, it's an OK guitar. But, hey, if you can afford an upgrade, do what you think is best. Having something nice to look at and something you're proud of is a good motivator. But don't blame your equipment for your skill.
yeah I dont think its holding you back itself. but I think that since you have gotten a little tired of your guitar you have found an excuse to buy a new one. if you decide to get a new one I would suggest epiphone.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
+1 Pickup a Schecter omen 6 $300. NOt too far out of your price range and an excellent starting guitar.
Quote by fifer
yeah I dont think its holding you back itself. but I think that since you have gotten a little tired of your guitar you have found an excuse to buy a new one. if you decide to get a new one I would suggest epiphone.

Very tired of it, it scratches easily, pickups fall out, only one humbucker, ugly, etc. All of these things annoy me. I have to admit I need to actually try playing a few other guitars first though. Ive only actually played a few, no more than 5 different guitars. I was supposed to go to Guitar center today with my friends but we couldnt get a ride there.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Quote by Polystant
Very tired of it, it scratches easily, pickups fall out, only one humbucker, ugly, etc. All of these things annoy me. I have to admit I need to actually try playing a few other guitars first though. Ive only actually played a few, no more than 5 different guitars. I was supposed to go to Guitar center today with my friends but we couldnt get a ride there.

If you're tired of it and it's hurting your motivation to play, then buy a new guitar.

Also, as far as playability goes, I would certainly say that there is much more to be desired--even for a beginner--than simply being able to "get your hand around the neck and on the frets." A high action, bad fret buzz, or any number of other problems that often plague cheap guitars can impair your playing ability and--for a beginner--impede your progress.

If you want the new guitar and you can scrape together the cash, I say buy it.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Since you hate the guitar, get a new one. For $300, you can get a nice used MIJ Charvel or Ibanez if you're patient and wait for one to crop up.
Quote by CJRocker
Since you hate the guitar, get a new one. For $300, you can get a nice used MIJ Charvel or Ibanez if you're patient and wait for one to crop up.

Where are some product lists or something of charvel guitars? I went to the website and there is nothing. I don't know too much bout them and Id like to see a few of their guitars
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
search ebay or craiglist

go to a music shop when u get the chance and play anything and everything you see, just try to find that "special guitar"
but for what you play, i would suggest an epiphone les paul. maybe u could sell this guitar to add to the $ for a new 1

only do this when that would give u enoguh to go buy the new 1
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
buy a Schecter Demon 6

it isn't an expensive guitar but it still has some cool features

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
If you have soul and passion a crappy guitar can't hold you back.
Hendrix played on a fricken 2 string guitar as a kid and still made great music.
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
Quote by phip
If you have soul and passion a crappy guitar can't hold you back.
Hendrix played on a fricken 2 string guitar as a kid and still made great music.

Source on the 2 string guitar bit?
D:
Signature.
**** it, if it really unmotivates you buy a new guitar.
I confront unmotivation by playing cool licks. If the only problem is the sound you could try digital multieffects pedals, they change a lot the sound, make it sound almost like real.

My guitar has fret buzz in almost every fret, i have an acoustic string on th 4th string, because it snaped. But i dont want to send it to calibrate because that day i will not play electric guitar. I guess that what i mean is that i dont think that a guitar, or fret buzzing could hold you down.

Cheer s
Ditch that piece of sh!t. Switch guitars FTL.

I would look into an Agile AL-2000. Very nice guitars for the price. They are only available here though.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
i'd wait til you had slightly more money before investing, that way it can be a more permanent guitar, i bought my epi LP used for $450, but i got it with new pickups, tuning pegs, and the collector set up the action for me, so it was the best investment i made, i need to get off my peice of **** squire (not saying all squires suck, mine just did, ive played nice ones aswell)
Turquoise Team Beasts!