Hey UG! ok, so i want a new guitar. I need a more reliable back-up to my black beauty than the s600 (in my sig). I play hard rock from muse to incubus to thrice, and i have a budget of about $700-800. i like the looks of more vintage axes more than the schecters, jacksons, ibanez's, etc. ideally, i'd like to have a trem. here are the guitars i've come up with (some involve modding):

1. MIM Strat w/ Lace Sensors, locking tuners, and the LSR roller nut - $700
2. USA Strat w/ the same specs (used at my local guitar store) - $700
3. Fender Tele Deluxe - $700
4. Squier Tele w/ new pu's and maybe a trem (FR) - $500 (est)
5. Squier Jagmaster w/ new pu's and maybe a FR - $500 (est)
6. Ibanez JTK2 w/ new pu's and maybe a FR - $550 (est)

what's everybody's opinion? --thanks--spiff
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
What Lace Sensors are in the Strat? If they're the red ones I would go for that. If not I would say either the Jagmaster of the JTK2.
the eclipse is a really good idea...i can't believe i didn't think about that. thanks! the strat has a red in the bridge, silver middle, and blue neck. i think it's between the ltd and the MIA strat at this point
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by almostinnocent
get the USA strat ALL let me repeat ALL squires and other spinoffs are JUNK!!

Not at all. Squier always seems to get thrashed but they make incredibly reliable guitars. The SX strat copies are not bad either.
Quote by amitbob21
ok im a noob at slapping. Is it my strings or do i just suck at slapping? I have a squier fender J bass(im a noob). Im thinking of getting Ibanez GSR200

Quote by CheekanWofls
Practice on your wife