ok hello guys and girls. i have been playing for bout 3 months. i know your all gonna say, "learn your chords and technique", but i spend so much time on that already. so my skills are these, i can play things like iron man, maria maria (carlos santana) without solo, a bunch of blink 182 songs, and basic riffs and rythms. so im still in my "party stage" so all i want is to learn some solos to play. so easy stuff only plaeas. prefferably without tapping, pinching, or pulloffs, hammerons are ok as they are pretty easy. help me out people. i play any type of mysic. even classical.
Try

All Right Now by Free

and Whole Lotta Love by Led Zeppelin

They're both short, basic, and easy.
try the green corn solo by nofx, shouldnt cause you too many problems exept maybe the fast bit at the end.
also the solo for olympia wa by rancid is a piece of piss so you should manage that even after 3 months.
Living Loving Maid - Led Zeppelin has a VERY easy solo.

It's really going to be tough at this point. You kind of get stuck in a void where almost every solo is too hard and most verses and rhythm sections are a bit too easy. But just keep at it. Look into Nirvana and some System of a Down. They have some pretty simple solos.
D:
Signature.
Learn the solo to Hotel California by The Eagles. It's slow and (moderately?) easy and people will recognize it.

EDIT: (forgot to type this) Also it's long so it will help your muscle memory in the future.

...also. If you can learn the whole thing even if you get bored or frustrated that'll teach you patience. And it'll pay off in the end cause you'll be able to play a SWEET SOLO.
long road to ruin by the foo fighters...you might be able to do the whole song...it's pretty darn easy.
the arsonist had oddly shaped feet...
Quote by wretchedspawn
ok hello guys and girls. i have been playing for bout 3 months. i know your all gonna say, "learn your chords and technique", but i spend so much time on that already. so my skills are these, i can play things like iron man, maria maria (carlos santana) without solo, a bunch of blink 182 songs, and basic riffs and rythms. so im still in my "party stage" so all i want is to learn some solos to play. so easy stuff only plaeas. prefferably without tapping, pinching, or pulloffs, hammerons are ok as they are pretty easy. help me out people. i play any type of mysic. even classical.

First I'd like to say there is no rush, take your time. I know your eager to get to playing some crazy solos.. I haven't been playing long either and I was also in a rush to get as good as fast as I could, but I am slowing down now. Take your time.

For an easy solo I suggest learning Sunshine of your Love by Cream, solo is pretty easy.
Last edited by Kash1333 at Apr 30, 2008,
Some easy solos could be the lipgloss and black solo by atreyu.
and the A song for the optimists solo(?) not really a solo, but it's got the idea.
The gear.
Schecter S1 Diamond series.
ESP NV.
Randall G3 200W
Dunlop cry-baby wah (finally)
Line 6 spider III 15x (Small but deadly)
A lot of Pink Floyd solo's are pretty easy.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Wake Me Up when september ends (but that's like REALLY easy, probably too easy)
Californication
Quote by Kash1333

For an easy solo I suggest learning Sunshine of your Love by Cream, solo is pretty easy.

yeah, the solo's really easy as it's improvised!

my suggestions:
Heart Shaped Box (nirvana)
Smoke on the water (Deep purple. it's improvised!)
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Last edited by mcfreaki at Apr 30, 2008,
One thing I tried when I was at your stage was to play riffs that are more complex for beginners.

Some of which include: Black Dog (Zeppelin), Jessica (allman brothers), and every noobs song Crazy train.

These songs increased my finger dexterity, picking accuracy, and fingering speed. All of these will assist you in solos later down the road.

If you learn Crazy train, please don't go to a guitar shop, turn up the volume really loud and play it for an hour.

Edit: I think black dog helped me progress the most, I'd start there. The song really helps with your sense of timing.