So I'm building a Tube Screamer, and the IC socket isn't spaced far enough to put in to the holes I've dremeled (damn POS PCB layout). Could I just attach wires to each pin and connect the wires to where the socket would lead? This is the only solution I have, really.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Quote by djszkoda
So I'm building a Tube Screamer, and the IC socket isn't spaced far enough to put in to the holes I've dremeled (damn POS PCB layout). Could I just attach wires to each pin and connect the wires to where the socket would lead? This is the only solution I have, really.

Well yeah, connected is connected. It's kind of a cheesy way to go about it though. Make sure it's very secured and you have good connections if you do that. Don't half-ass it.
Alright, I know it'll look cheesy, but I'm concerned about it not working or something.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Yeap, but I used the layout at Tonepad.

Or I could just solder the socket like mentioned above. It won't kill the socket since it's just metal and plastic, and pop the IC in later. The IC is still safe.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.