Well after a few failed bands, I've finally found a couple bros and we've started a band. We're all really excited, but there is a bit of a problem (actually quite a few but I'll only list mine). I have a Fender Frontman 15R amp, but I need a louder/gig amp, because you can barely hear that **** over the drums.
As of right now, I don't have any deniro, but hopefully a job will be coming along shortly.
So my question is, what amp should I get?
I've been looking at fenders because thats what i played, but they tend to be pricey. The Line 6 spider amps have peaked my interest, but I not to sure how the sound quality is. And also, I've been curious about marshall amps, but i don't know what to look for.
Any ideas or other amp brands come to mind?
thank you for your help

btw- I play a wide range of music such as: classic rock, hard rock, old metal, southern rock, blues, but ska and punk are my main styles
I have a Fender FM65 DSP (65 watts, $300), and can just about any sound I want. I use a Nashville deluxe tele (3 pickups) and play a lot of chili peppers/OAR type stuff, and classic rock such as Lynyrd Skynyrd. Idk how it handles metal, cause I dont play it, but with my Agile LP I can get good hard rock sounds. Not a fan of Line 6's, people seem to like them, but no matter what i play through them it sounds very bassy, and cant get that chili peppers sound (which im guessin you like with ska).
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by Buckhole
I have a Fender Frontman 15R amp, but I need a louder/gig amp, because you can barely hear that **** over the drums.
As of right now, I don't have any deniro, but hopefully a job will be coming along shortly.
So my question is, what amp should I get?

It is dinero.

And wrong forum.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
what price range will your be looking at once that job comes? [the word is 'dinero']

um...the vox valvetronix series is nice sounding and affordable.

i wouldn't recommend the line 6 amps. save up a little and buy something better
what price range will your be looking at once that job comes? [the word is 'dinero']

um...the vox valvetronix series is nice sounding and affordable.

i wouldn't recommend the line 6 amps. saave up a little and buy something better
Check out a Peavey Valveking or a Peavey Delta Blues or a Peavey Classic 30. All Peavey amps. All tube amps. All affordable. All great amps.

Don't fall for the Marshalls.

Marshalls are good amps, but not nearly as good as what you pay for them, all your buying is a name.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Im gonna say a Valveking 112 would be good. Line 6 amps arent very good, especially not for gigging imo. The VK is a 50w Tube amp, and the Class A/B distortion is pretty cool for punk. It also has some nice cleans and reverb. It can get a pretty good Fender-y clean, as well as smoother Class A stuff. It can do pretty much all of those genres you listed with minimal or no help from an OD.
I just got a Fender FM212R last week. It's pretty sweet so far, and at 100 watts it should be more than enough for you (especially if you'll be micing the Amp live).

Edit: It set me back NZ$800... not sure how much that equates to in your part of the world.
If you disagree with anything I say, just take it as a joke
...or go to hell

Quote by qotsa1998
Im gonna say a Valveking 112 would be good. Line 6 amps arent very good, especially not for gigging imo. The VK is a 50w Tube amp, and the Class A/B distortion is pretty cool for punk. It also has some nice cleans and reverb. It can get a pretty good Fender-y clean, as well as smoother Class A stuff. It can do pretty much all of those genres you listed with minimal or no help from an OD.

It's actually 100w tube.

Even better than you described
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
I recently heard about Raven amps in a musiciansfriend catolog. Ive never played one, but they sounded pretty good, and they are much less expensive than other amps, which is always good. But because of that they have less of the fancy stuff. But they still sound like theyd be good to me (100w for only $300, plus plug in an extension box and you have a half stack). In fact im gunna look into one of them for myself
You can get yourself a nice Bugera combo at
samash.com
and go to the Guitar gears and accessories forum
Schecter Daimen FR Special
Guitar Rig 3
The Peavey Valveking is probably the safest bet, and is remarkably versatile. Just make sure that you guys are not trying to out-loud each other.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by yellowshirtguy
It's actually 100w tube.

Even better than you described

Nah its the 212 thats 100w.

I have a valveking 112 and recommend it, more than enough for rehearsal and clubs and whatnot.
I haven't tried the Valveking, so I can't comment, but my past experiences with Peavey amps has not been good. Try out the Vox Valvetronix range, as someone already mentioned.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by QuebecMetal
It is dinero.

And wrong forum.

Well **** you bro, your posting in the wrong goddamn thread ya dill hole

As for the rest of you bros, THANK YOU! This will help a lot!
I wasn't that big of a fan of Peavey amps at first, they kinda sounded a little "snotty"

But our band practices at the school for the blind(because two of our members are blind)and they have a nice big peavey amp there(not sure which model) that i play through and I've been pretty happy with the sound.
I'll look into them, but feel free to list more

when I do get MONEY, I'd like to pay like in the 300 or less range, 500 at most