Does anyone know anything about the next iPod coming out or its features? I know it has a camera, I asked a mac genius at the store. I also know it will probably come out in September. But should I sell my iPod touch and wait for the new one? Or should I keep it, cause I only got it for 180. Thanks.
"We are the music makers... and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka
why would you need a camera in an mp3 player?

the sad thing is people will buy it, cause its apple, and theyre trend *****s.
I have no opinion on this matter.
actually olympus already beat em to it. m:Robe has a camera on it. i use to have one i thought it was a good idea but eh its not needed. and yes sell the touch, Apple is the worst company yet.
Quote by Zugunruhe
why would you need a camera in an mp3 player?

the sad thing is people will buy it, cause its apple, and theyre trend *****s.

Why wouldn't you? You could just buy an mp3 player, a camera, a handheld internet thing (with google maps and directions, stocks, email, weather, etc.) , a video player, calculator, and notepad. Plus whatever else it might have.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
GET somethign that isnt made by Apple. Pear products are better.

prettyyyyy tempted to sig that
They should put something useful on it. Like a can opener. Imagine: Listenin' to your favorite song, you want some beans. You can't open the can because your IPod doesn't have a can opener.

(replies are made at the thread "Beans!")
[ifyoucanreadthisi'mnotsuprised.]
Quote by green room
Why wouldn't you? You could just buy an mp3 player, a camera, a handheld internet thing (with google maps and directions, stocks, email, weather, etc.) , a video player, calculator, and notepad. Plus whatever else it might have.

i can pretty much 100% guarantee you that camera will be crappy. it'll be like a phone camera, which are garbage. and anyway, you still have your phone, that can take pictures. and if you actually want a decent quality picture, you have to get an actual camera. they cant jam quality optics into such a small area.

its pointless.
Quote by Zugunruhe
i can pretty much 100% guarantee you that camera will be crappy. it'll be like a phone camera, which are garbage. and anyway, you still have your phone, that can take pictures. and if you actually want a decent quality picture, you have to get an actual camera. they cant jam quality optics into such a small area.

its pointless.
The iPhone has an above average camera (for a phone) and it's a very small phone. The upcoming popularity of flash drives replacing hard drives will even contribute more to the technology.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by Zugunruhe

its pointless.

It could be good. I thought watching movies on a tiny screen was a horrible idea, but its actually good for watching movies. I also thought the internet browser would be slow, but it's pretty fast though.
If you turned off the flash, you could discretely get some epic tit shots. Who has to know your ipod is chock full of epic cleavage?
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
i'm really getting sick of this apple stuff. people aren't as stupid as they think and soon they're going to realise that flashy adverts that tell you nothing about the product aren't going to cut it anymore.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
From what i see they do what they do damn well. I've tried out all sorts of MP3s and haven't owned an ipod yet but am considering getting one this christmas. I've had an iriver, Sansa, Creative Zen, and a few random shuffle players in a period of about 8 years and have always been frustrated with them. Then I pick up a friend's ipod and it works fine.

So if theres so much hate against apple, what do you guys use instead?
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.
I love Apple. I love their computers, and their software. It just works. And no, I am not an advertisement, I truly do love Apple.
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
Quote by paintITblack39
The iPhone has an above average camera (for a phone) and it's a very small phone. The upcoming popularity of flash drives replacing hard drives will even contribute more to the technology.
maybe for a phone, but they cant even get close to an actual photograph by a real camera. whats the point to being able to take pictures anytime if the pictures are just going to turn out crappy anyway?
Ipods are good, stop being haters. Everything else has some flaw in it that makes you wanna grab an ipod.

I had a creative zen before an ipod and it was crap.-
Founder of the Mike.h murder case group
Mike.h murder case
This day will go down in Lulzfamy.

Quote by Audio™
The Pit can't even solve what they want for lunch let alone how to save the world.
Quote by ir0n_ma1den
Ipods are good, stop being haters. Everything else has some flaw in it that makes you wanna grab an ipod.

+ 1
Quote by Lin
i'm really getting sick of this apple stuff. people aren't as stupid as they think and soon they're going to realise that flashy adverts that tell you nothing about the product aren't going to cut it anymore.

.......cuz every commecial tells you wtf their selling

if anything at least apple ALWAYS has the product in the commercials now
Quote by Zugunruhe
maybe for a phone, but they cant even get close to an actual photograph by a real camera. whats the point to being able to take pictures anytime if the pictures are just going to turn out crappy anyway?

I can understand for moments such as weddings, art, etc.

But for quickies, like a casual party or whatever, a camera that just happens to be in a phone would be the most convenient. I'm a huge fan of photography and such, but slim cameras are crap for the price and the good ones are way too bulky.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by green room
Does anyone know anything about the next iPod coming out or its features? I know it has a camera, I asked a mac genius at the store. I also know it will probably come out in September. But should I sell my iPod touch and wait for the new one? Or should I keep it, cause I only got it for 180. Thanks.

no apple store employess know anything about the new apple products until they ship. and i know it WONT have a camera, because apple isnt one to put useless functions into its devices when they have nothing to do with its purpose
Quote by ir0n_ma1den

Conversely the reason I avoid Ipod like the plague are the myriad of flaws that have marred their short history.
Quote by nt1440
no apple store employess know anything about the new apple products until they ship. and i know it WONT have a camera, because apple isnt one to put useless functions into its devices when they have nothing to do with its purpose

This guy did. He told me the only reason they didn't have a camera on the touch was because it was supposed to be like the iPhone.
Quote by green room
This guy did. He told me the only reason they didn't have a camera on the touch was because it was supposed to be like the iPhone.

wow so some one guy knows apples insider secrets cuz he happens to work in one of their stores

have fun
why dont u get the new razor so you can make calls and listen to music while shaving and if u get a br00tal cut u can take a picture and email it to you friends or print it from the built in printer
Don't know about you guys, but I'm very happy with a Cowon D2.
Incredible sound quality and even better with the JetEffects,
and a major plus for flash support.
Quote by Holy.
Isn't there like a new iPod every month?
well, they break every 2 weeks, so its more convenient anyway.
I dont understand what you do to your ipods to break them
ive had the same one for 3 years
and i throw it continuosly
and it works the same as when i got it
Quote by Adam_G
I think it's appropriate for you to walk outside and get some sunlight and maybe a life

Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl annoying me on the bus.
Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"
Her:"What??! Noo!"
Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."
You know what bothers me? I'm sure they had the technology to do such thing earlier this year. They actually make "meh" versions because people actually buy the new ones even if they don't need it.

:blows f*cking brains out*
Can promise you the guy does not know anything for sure. He might have read something of a rumor sight some where(which I read and haven't seen anything about this) but apple tells nobody anything. Even develpoers don't know what exactly stuffs going in or what it'll look like. I would keep your current ipod and if you need a camera get a digital camera.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
Quote by guitar_freak333
I love Apple. I love their computers, and their software. It just works.

http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=190

I beg to differ.

By the way, I have an iPod, and I'm going to install OSX soon, but that statement is just retarded.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Apr 30, 2008,
Quote by ir0n_ma1den

Creative Zens pwn ass.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by TooFast
Creative Zens pwn ass.

It's not that great.

I had the Zen Vision M before my iPod Classic and it was just too bulky. Also, the start-up time is painstakingly long. The software was pure shit.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by guitar_freak333
I love Apple. I love their computers, and their software. It just works. And no, I am not an advertisement, I truly do love Apple.

I pretty much feel the same way. I've used other mp3 players up until 2 years ago, which is when I switched to iPods and I'm not going back. I also switched to macs about 2 months ago, after using a PC for all my life. I'm very happy with the products to say the least ^^ I'm not the kind of guy that walks around telling people that apple products are so much better than others, because it's really preference in most cases.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
I might consider getting an I-pod if it wasn't for I-Tunes
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a