Pit i need your help once again. I am trying to form a band for about forever now. I already have two guitars ( one is me of course), a bass, and a singer. But there seems to be a sereious lack of drummers where i live. The ones that are here, already ahve bands, and the only one i found that doesnt have one is a stupid ass, who didnt even bother to show so we could talk whn and where we would practice. I posted ads on some forums, but as till now, there was still no reply.
So pit, how can i get a drummer, or how can i motivate one of my friends to start playing drums? Bying a new drum set is pa pretty big investment, and to top it off, all but one of my friends play guitar. Also, advice on how to steal a drummer from another group would be apreciated.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Last edited by gorkyporky at Apr 29, 2008,
Drum machine?
Irony FTW.

Quote by The Dance Hat
Technology is completely unnecessary and complicates life.

The Gear

Ibanez XPT 700
Laney Hardcore MXD 30
1. Sell friends guitar.

2. Buy drumset with cash.

3. Hypnotize friend into wanting to learn drums.

4. ????

5. PROFIT
Steal a baby and train it for the sole purpose of playing drums ONLY good enough so it doesn't steal the spotlight
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by shredfest
Drum machine?

QFT.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Start recording some originals with a drum machine or something like it. Then, put up flyers, want ads, have tryouts, or maybe you could find some1 who likes the songs you guys have, and will drum for you.
Do you have like, a school band with percussionists? That's where a lot of the drummers at my school are obtained.
i got the smae god dam poblem, except my drummer lives about 50 miles away and only shows up every two weeks or so
A. dont make such a misleading title for your forum post... instead of NO DRUMMERS put CANT FIND DRUMMER unless you feel like destroying the hopes of the bassists, guitarists, and vocalists that come in.

B. Drum Machine only works for a NIN cover band or if your singer is Beck

C. you know you COULD take up drums... just saying... its fun and knowing more than one instrument makes you MUCH more well rounded.
my drummer is in 7th grade. us in the rest of the band are juniors.
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
My band consists of nothing BUT stolen members.. just write a really good song and make them realize their band wont get them anywhere so they should join you. Works for me
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
no one plays drums because guitar players get all the chicks

i play guitar and drums so i just taught my friend drums and hes pretty good now
Quote by lolcats
They show up to practise on time...

my TR-909 never shows up on time and has a severe heroin addiction, it also keeps stealing my women.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by lolcats
It's the scott weilland of drum machines?

Just the addiction part...

man... beat me to that joke :P
i have 2 drummers that wanna be in my band, one is completely insane good and plays gutar and bass, and hes in the choir?

you my friend could show the drummers how awesome u are and that they should be in ur band,
or try and get in on a band with a drummer already
PSN: KevGuy47
------▓▓▓▓▓
----▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
----▒▒▒░░
--░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒
------░░░░░░░
----▒▒▒▒▒
--▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
░░▓▓░░
░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
----▓▓▓----▓▓▓
--▒▒▒--------▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒--------▒▒▒▒
Quote by mp3stalin
A. dont make such a misleading title for your forum post... instead of NO DRUMMERS put CANT FIND DRUMMER unless you feel like destroying the hopes of the bassists, guitarists, and vocalists that come in.

B. Drum Machine only works for a NIN cover band or if your singer is Beck

C. you know you COULD take up drums... just saying... its fun and knowing more than one instrument makes you MUCH more well rounded.

I dont really want a drum machine, because then i wont be able to blame the drumer for all my screw-ups. I have actualy considered taking up drums, and even play it every time i am at my friends place (they have a band and a drummer) But i just cant get as excited when playing the drums, doesnt feel as good as my guitar in my hads.

Quote by qotsa1998
Start recording some originals with a drum machine or something like it. Then, put up flyers, want ads, have tryouts, or maybe you could find some1 who likes the songs you guys have, and will drum for you.

Well, i have considered that, but i cant write for ****. The only lyrics I have managed to get together are still al long way to be finished.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
my drummer is in 7th grade. us in the rest of the band are juniors.

is that not awkward at all? or was it in the begining or something? just how did that end up happening?
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
have a tap dancer do percussion for you.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Meh, drums are WAY overrated. You're better off on your own :P
The army is exactly like Boys Scouts .... except Boys Scouts are supervised by adults.
Get a bunch of bass drum pedals.
Buy drum set.
Set up each drum with a bass drum pedal (may replace pedal mallet with stick).
Play.
Or, get your singer to play drums, too.
Quote by gorkyporky
Pit i need your help once again. I am trying to form a band for about forever now. I already have two guitars ( one is me of course), a bass, and a singer. But there seems to be a sereious lack of drummers where i live. The ones that are here, already ahve bands, and the only one i found that doesnt have one is a stupid ass, who didnt even bother to show so we could talk whn and where we would practice. I posted ads on some forums, but as till now, there was still no reply.
So pit, how can i get a drummer, or how can i motivate one of my friends to start playing drums? Bying a new drum set is pa pretty big investment, and to top it off, all but one of my friends play guitar. Also, advice on how to steal a drummer from another group would be apreciated.

DUDE! that pretty much sums up all drummers!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Start a string band. All the cool kids are doing it.

It'd be WAY easy, banjos and mandolins are a dime a dozen....

/thread
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
i know 2 good drummers that arent professional. one being me and another this guy i kinda know that is already in a band. and i like guitar better so i dont wanna drum in any band.
R.I.P. Kurt Cobain
Quote by mathieupM13
If you want to see scary pics you should google Rosie O’Donnell