Poll: Was Hitler a genius or a madman?
Poll Options
View poll results: Was Hitler a genius or a madman?
Genius
79 7%
Madman
260 25%
Both
650 62%
Neither
65 6%
Voters: 1055.
Page 1 of 11
Both
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
I would say both, he was a genious, but he was still bat-**** crazy.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
he's not a genius...(not genious)...it doesn't take much smarts to be a puppet
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Quote by SeveralSpecies
He was an idiot.

Who fights the U.S. and Russia at the same time?

Russia was on his side when it started, and the US wasnt even in the war till halfway through...
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW
No, he wasn't a genius. He was a madman, and a tyrant.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Although a genius, people who are highly intelligent are also likely to be f*cked up, like he was. BOTH.
Quote by ibanezguitarz07
Russia was on his side when it started, and the US wasnt even in the war till halfway through...

No they weren't, they had a non-aggression pact. Then Hitler invaded Russia. That's pretty effing stupid.
Madman.

The only thing he was considered a genius in was building up the German people's spirits.
Sent from my iPad.
Both, but the genius faded away as he was arrogant and made a ton of mistakes. He had unreal expectations for his military and refused to listen to any advice.
I'm a Jew. I say both.
(don't ask my point of view)
[ifyoucanreadthisi'mnotsuprised.]
Quote by Badreligionrock
No, he wasn't a genius. He was a madman, and a tyrant.

Are the two mutually exclusive?

In terms of politics he was amazing. He was also one of the most gifted orators the world has ever seen.

Don't get me wrong, he was a total lunatic, but he managed to get millions of people to agree with his ideology. He turned Germany from a country in debt to one that controlled almost the same amount of territory as Rome in its heyday.

How different it could have been if he'd stayed "on the path of good" as it were...
"let's exterminate an entire race of people"
"ok Hitler. sounds like fun!"
he was ****ing nuts
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by Slinov
He was a fantastic leader, and he knew how to manipulate people to see his point of view.

But his radical racist views marred him somewhat.

Both.

+1 the radical racial views is what makes him madman
FRO POWER!!!
The term "maniacal genius" isn't limited to just b-movies, you know.

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
he was an insane genius. he was pure evil, but he was good at it. if anyone wants to know how to take over the world, follow hitler's footsteps, he's been the closest ever.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by PrabhuDeva
Are the two mutually exclusive?

In terms of politics he was amazing. He was also one of the most gifted orators the world has ever seen.

Don't get me wrong, he was a total lunatic, but he managed to get millions of people to agree with his ideology. He turned Germany from a country in debt to one that controlled almost the same amount of territory as Rome in its heyday.

How different it could have been if he'd stayed "on the path of good" as it were...

No, the terms aren't mutually exclusive. But to me, a genius is someone who is impossibly clever, a great thinker, and some who deserves respect. Had Hitler stayed on the riteous path, then yes, genius. However, because he became such a horrible human being during the second world war, I don't think he deserves to hold the status of 'genius'.

But I understand people who say both. I think it's quite subjective.

Quote by i(ncubus)play
Look beneath your simplistic elementary idea of the Nazi party.

Awful actions can deservedly overshadow great ideas.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
"let's exterminate an entire race of people"
"ok Hitler. sounds like fun!"
he was ****ing nuts

Look beneath your simplistic elementary idea of the Nazi party.
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Quote by SeveralSpecies
He was an idiot.

Who fights the U.S. and Russia at the same time?

Nah, he was an idiot for not taking Moscow straight away, goin round the back way instead and therefore losing hope of taking Russia, and in doing so losing the war.

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
How could you not call somebody a genius when he took a broken, war-torn nation (WWI) with no money, etc. and rebuilt Germany AND then proceeded to take over Europe while the super powers (UK and Russia) could not defeat them? Thats a worthy feat right there.

But.... he also thought that he had to exterminate a group of people so both.
Founder of the Mike.h murder case group
Mike.h murder case
This day will go down in Lulzfamy.

Quote by Audio™
The Pit can't even solve what they want for lunch let alone how to save the world.
Both.
But more than a genius, he was a very charismatic person, and also very astute.
I always thought that he was very intelligent, but recently discovering that he was addicted to Meth, and that he relied on an astronomer made me change my mind.
Anyway, he was extremely evil and mad. But it also isn't easy to pull Germany out of the condition it was in, and turn it into an empire.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by muse-ik
he was an insane genius. he was pure evil, but he was good at it. if anyone wants to know how to take over the world, follow hitler's footsteps, he's been the closest ever.

apart from the whole "let's fight Britain, France, USA and Russia at the same time" yeah it was close...

he was a good politician, that's all. he took a desperate country, preyed on society's needs and hates, and eventually became power obsessed.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by Froddy
Nah, he was an idiot for not taking Moscow straight away, goin round the back way instead and therefore losing hope of taking Russia, and in doing so losing the war.

Yea essentially what I meant was "Who fights the U.S. and Russia in the way he did."

Russia fought brilliantly though. (sh*tty leaders, training and weapons, but their soldiers were bloody insane!) They deserve a ton of credit.
Genius gone mad
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Quote by FOCOrock
Although a genius, people who are highly intelligent are also likely to be f*cked up, like he was. BOTH.

crap. does that mean my dad is gonna start killing jews?

but, imo, he was more genius than madman. he had a goal (conquer the world), set to it (took over germany), discovered the best way to accomplish said goal (eliminate jews, thus uniting his troops in a common goal and exterminating a race he disliked-two birds w/ 1 stone), and almost won. that is, of course, until Russia and the US of A decided to kick his a**. but he never lost his mind, he was merely misguided.

and yea, i did a debate on this in school.

*i'm too awesome for a sig
Quote by ibanezguitarz07

he turned on Russia. fyi.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by pahkah0604
crap. does that mean my dad is gonna start killing jews?

but, imo, he was more genius than madman. he had a goal (conquer the world), set to it (took over germany), discovered the best way to accomplish said goal (eliminate jews, thus uniting his troops in a common goal and exterminating a race he disliked-two birds w/ 1 stone), and almost won. that is, of course, until Russia and the US of A decided to kick his a**. but he never lost his mind, he was merely misguided.

and yea, i did a debate on this in school.

I think trying to exterminate an entire race qualifies you for the 'My name's Adolf, and I've lost my mind' group.

Quote by Pinky19
to respond to several species in the beggining germany and russia were and werent on the same side once they signed the no agression pact they started sending war supplies to one another but the main reason they signed a non agression pact was because they feared eachother and they both knew that a war was inevitible but they wanted to buy time to prepare their armies. but over the course of the pact their bond grew stronger even when hitler aske stalin to join the war against the u.k stalin stongly considered it.

hitler was both
89' fender strat
gibson sg specail with grover tuners
standard tele
ibenez gio bass
takamine eg334sc
72'martin d-15
skbps-45 board, lots of pedals
peavey tripple xxx head w/ marshall cab
This thread reaffirms my love for the Pit. A well reasoned (ish) debate with no "pseudo-funny" posts.

Quote by muse-ik

actually, alexander the great did it for greece. but that was before anyone really knew how to fight back. spears and swords=lots of bloody fun (that's a pun from the UK. i think. even though i made it up. so i guess it's an english like pun from the GA. but i guess this incessant rambling is going to annoy someone. so i need to stop. sometime. soon. like. now.)

*i'm too awesome for a sig
I think it's sad that people often mention the atrocities that the Nazis committed, but totally overlook the also atrocious acts that the Japanese did before and during the war.