On the guitar that i'm building I decided to put on a wraparound bridge. This one to be exact http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_non-trem_bridges/Pigtail_Aluminum_Wraparound_Bridge.html. I've gotten to the point where i'm stringing it up. When I go to put a string on, the bridge slants down at the body and toward the neck, pickups, etc. Is this supposed to happen? If not how do I fix it.
I'm sorry if it sounds like a stupid question but I need help.
Thanks for any help

p.s. If anybody wants pics of it i'll try to put some up tomorrow.
yeah, pics please, im not sure really, ive been wanting to do a wrap-around double cut les paul type thing build myself, but ive never dealt with these except on a PRS once, and i do not recall it sloping or being angled or anything..
fight the power that be
Quote by Guitarzan1143
yeah, pics please, im not sure really, ive been wanting to do a wrap-around double cut les paul type thing build myself, but ive never dealt with these except on a PRS once, and i do not recall it sloping or being angled or anything..

Idk if I can get pics up tonight but i'll try for tomarrow. And that's kind of funny cause my build is a PRS double cut. It's actually based off of the PRS McCarty.
Not yet. I figured I'd just post a bunch of pics at once so that if ppl liked it I wouldn't be keeping them in anticipation. And as far as pitching it goes, i'm not quite sure what that means, but i'm gonna assume that ur talking about putting it at an angle. No, i didn't but i might have to depending on if the action is to high, cuz one of my pickup rings is really high and might hit the strings.
is it that the front edge of the bridge is closer to the body than the back edge? it might just be that when you tighten up the strings it'll fix it, but im not sure if i understand correctly.
Quote by rednwhiteblues
is it that the front edge of the bridge is closer to the body than the back edge? it might just be that when you tighten up the strings it'll fix it, but im not sure if i understand correctly.

When I tighten the strings it gets worse. I was thinking that what you said would happen too but the opposite happened. When I put the strings on it goes farther toward the body.
I've never used one of those, but I don't think they are supposed to do that. I would imagine it would go on just like a regular tailpiece, and regular tailpieces don't do that. Maybe their is something wrong with your studs.
i think your neck needs to be pitched for it to work right. cant tell until i see pics though.
fight the power that be