why?
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
i just want to know when it was made, what Pick up is in it, just general info. anything, what tuning it uses
I typed out a really sarcastic post, but I decided not to use it... what is the purpose of a 5 string guitar?
Quote by tjdjr09
I typed out a really sarcastic post, but I decided not to use it... what is the purpose of a 5 string guitar?

not to sure, i just wanna find out some info, and if i can pick it up for cheap that would be alright with me
It says it has 27 frets though, so you have the same range as a 22 fret 6-string.
(27 on the B string = 22 on the nonexistant e)
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
It looks like someone took a five string bass, and strung it with guitar strings. It isnt even good looking. If you want a guitar with five strings, why dont you get a good looking guitar, and snap a string. I don't even know why your finding a guitar on ebay. Thats a bad idea.
waste of money:S
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
A lot of guys that play in Open G use only 5 strings.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
First Act has a 5-string guitar,

And, Max Cavalera only plays with the 4 lowest strings (then again, the man IS an idiot)
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Am I the only one who finds that fact that it's being sold for $5.50 (and $40 shipping) hilarious?
Quote by strat7993
i need the second e

You may need to start questioning your priorities in life...Freak.
Quote by maelstrum415
It looks like someone took a five string bass, and strung it with guitar strings. It isnt even good looking. If you want a guitar with five strings, why dont you get a good looking guitar, and snap a string. I don't even know why your finding a guitar on ebay. Thats a bad idea.

That's what I was thinking. Pretty useless really. If you want to play with only 5 strings then just play with 5. Just cuz you've got 6 strings doesn'ts mean you have to use them all.
maybe to play rolling stones stuff.

keith richards only uses 5 strings.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Quote by AngusX
Why not just get a banjo?

maybe it's a metal looking banjo in disguise.... doubt it.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I know the guy from crazytown had a 5 string made up for him, dont know the company though.. (saw this in an old guitar player mag)
Quote by Crimzin3
The Myth: Mesa amps were given to us by God, and sound as such.
The Truth: True. God is the CEO and Jesus does QC at Mesa...yup.

guitar looks like crap,
not the greatest color,
and to be honest...

who would want a 5 string guitar anyway?