http://www.myspace.com/slugathor

This is old school death metal heavily influenced by Incantation and Immolation as well as Swedish bands like Carnage and Entombed. What stands out for me at least is the bass. The production lets it 'shine' and it is crushing.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by MHDrunk
http://www.myspace.com/slugathor

This is old school death metal heavily influenced by Incantation and Immolation as well as Swedish bands like Carnage and Entombed. What stands out for me at least is the bass. The production lets it 'shine' and it is crushing.

got me right there. downloading, i'm gonna have alot of stuff to listen to by tomorrow, lol.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
I have their album from 2006 and Unleashing The Slugathron, but I don't know if they've done anything else. Anyways, both of those albums are indeed quality.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

I think they've done a few demos, and maybe a split, but Circle and Death and Unleash The Slugathron are all I have. Unleash The Slugathron is better IMO and Mr. President I can pm you a link to circle of death if you want
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Yea they've done 4 demos and two splits, will blogsearch those when I get home because they weren't on thrashmag

I have never really been a fan of old school death metal, but I do quite like this, I like its thrashy influence.

Cheers dude
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Definitely check out Electrocution if you like thrashy death metal

Quote by matt85210
I have never really been a fan of old school death metal, but I do quite like this, I like its thrashy influence.

Cheers dude

old school DM = best dm!

Quote by GID (Shamrock)

Reminds me too much of Scrubs to listen to the music.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Terror Kovenant
old school DM = best dm!

That's what Ive been told, but I'm just so into my modern death atm that everything old school sounds so...old...
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Quote by matt85210
That's what Ive been told, but I'm just so into my modern death atm that everything old school sounds so...old...

I love modern stuff like Hate. But as a whole old school DM is much better than modern.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)

Yea, you probably haven't really dug deep enough. There are some amazing old school DM bands

Its not necessarily that old school is so much better then new, its just that the new era of death metal is completely swamped by horrible and shitty bands. You have to wade through shit to find the gems.

While back in the day, most everyone was completely passionate and talented about their art.

But old school does have a certain unrivaled (note, unrivaled, not better) feeling to it.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
There are definitely some bands that are up there with the old school greats (IMO the ones I post about eg Repugnant, Slugathor, Dead Congregation, Necrovation) but as VG said they are underneath a lot of crap.

The only successful modern death metal bands that I like are Hate Eternal and.... and.... Decrepit Birth.

after downloading these guys i kind of forgot about them. i found the album as i was going through some other stuff...and it's awesome. heavy as hell.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Didn't Dr. Cox from Scrubs call someone "slagathor" once? rofl.

Quote by Mr. President
The name reminds me of Slagathor from Scrubs .

YES.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
It was Dr Kelso, actually
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Man, Unleashing The Slugathor, it sounds like something in Radioactive Man.

This is great stuff though, I noticed a few Immolation-style rhythms in there as well, killer.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Unleashing The Slugathron > Circle Of Death IMO