im having trouble fretting correctly with my pinky
i think its the source to my problems because the rest of of my fingers are confident

i was looking for general pinky fretting tips and exercises

thanks for any help
WOO
Metronome + Scales

Alternatively, try dexterity exercises such as:

e-------------------------4-5-----
b--------------------4-5----------
g----------------4-5--------------
d------------4-5------------------
a-------4-5-----------------------
e--4-5----------------------------

Across and back across the fretboard with fourth and pinky finger, make sure to do the reverse, 5-4, too. Also work 2-5 with index / pinky, 3-5 with middle /pinky but because of the way your muscles are linked working the fourth / pinky is the most challenging.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Uh, unless you're deformed and have 4 fingers PLUS a pinky on your fret hand, the pinky finger is number 4. There is no number 5.
T=thumb, 1=forfinger, 2=middle, 3=ring, 4=pinky. That's it. Maybe you Scots have more fingers than we do over here in America? Is that why you're so good at golf?
Try dexterity exercises using your ring and pinky. I still have problems with very fast repeated pullofs using ring and pinky and for this i practice just going up and down the strings pulling off slowly increasing my speed.

Also use something like a stress ball (or something a bit more technical) to increase your finger strength.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
A particular pattern I used to get my pinky doing what I wanted it to was this...
||------------------------------------------------------------------
||------------------------------------------------------------------
||-------------------------------------------------1-4-2-4-3-4-2-4--
||---------------------------------1-4-2-4-3-4-2-4------------------
||-----------------1-4-2-4-3-4-2-4----------------------------------
||-1-4-2-4-3-4-2-4--------------------------------------------------

(etc. up down down + alt. picking)
I would always start my practice with this for about 5-10 minutes before continuing with whatever else I was learning at the time. Helped no end.

Give it a try! If it works, it works... if it doesn't, you can always come back here and call me an idiot.
Quote by LeftyDave
Uh, unless you're deformed and have 4 fingers PLUS a pinky on your fret hand, the pinky finger is number 4. There is no number 5.
T=thumb, 1=forfinger, 2=middle, 3=ring, 4=pinky. That's it. Maybe you Scots have more fingers than we do over here in America? Is that why you're so good at golf?

Those numbers represent the frets.. Its a very common system, whats it called again.. oh yah! Tabs!

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by Highbinder
Those numbers represent the frets.. Its a very common system, whats it called again.. oh yah! Tabs!

I think he was referring to what you called the fourth and pinky, as in, the pinky = the fourth, and you meant 'your third and your pinky'.
I basically worked on doing hammer on's and pull off's with my pinky. Try doing a bar chord (so all ur fingers are occupied) and just do hammer on/pull off's with the pinky.

John Mayer's "Why Georgia" offers a good pinky exercise and some percussive pinking too (slapping the strings in between notes).
Quote by Azunaii
I think he was referring to what you called the fourth and pinky, as in, the pinky = the fourth, and you meant 'your third and your pinky'.

Oh.

Well, thumb is a finger.

>_>

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.