Hello there everyone!

I just had a quick question about my Seiko SAT100 digital tuner. When I look at the tuner, I understand everything except probably one of the most important parts. How do the number signs (#) and little "b" like symbols that are in the bottom left corner affect the tuning? I would like to get my guitar into Drop C, but I can't figure it out on the tuner. Does anybody have any advice?

Thanks in advance.
# is sharp
b is flat

just go lower on the Low E, down to C on the meter.

from tuning thread...

Drop C (Drop D down a whole step): C G C F A D
Play the 3rd fret Low E string and the A string open. Retune the A string to match the 3rd fret Low E string.
Play the 5th fret A string and the D string open. Retune the D string to match the 5th fret A string.
Play the 5th fret D string and the G string open. Retune the G string to match the 5th fret D string.
Play the 4th fret G string and the B string open. Retune the B string to match the 4th fret G string.
Play the 5th fret B string and the High E string open. Retune the High E string to match the 5th fret B string.
Play the 12th fret Low E string and the D string open. Retune the 12th fret Low E to match the D string open.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Apr 29, 2008,
Thank you for the reply. But how many "#"s or "b"s for each note? For example, you said to put it on C on the meter. How can I tell its on C?
oh ok, i get you.

every tuner is different.

usually i tune manually on an electric tuner. for example, starting at low E then tuning down to D then down until C is in the box.

But on that tuner, it probably has a "b" or flat key. so you could punch it like 4 times to get to C on the low E. something like that.

but u'd have to look at ur manual to see how ur tuner's button functions.
i dont think i've got any tuners with a flat button.

button or not, you'll want to start at low E and gradually loosen the string watching for the notes on the digital display.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

haha ok then explain it to me.

just kidding good luck
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

OK, I don't get it.

My tuner has the "b"s and the "#"s. How many of either does it take to go into Drop C? I tried tuning by ear, but the strings are not matching. The A string is always higher and does not match the low E string. I'm stuck.

Also the tuner does not have a "b" or a flat key. It has a Power button, a select button and an up and down button. Thats it. It shows what note I'm playing and if it's in tune or not, and I can choose how many "b"s and "#"s I want.

Here's a pic:

http://cachepe.samedaymusic.com/media/quality,85/brand,sameday/SAT100B-85016e6076ef5bcc90fb4fa81a138454.jpg
Last edited by SOAD728 at May 9, 2008,