Check out my profile of the new recording I did called Whiskey & Paper, its my roomate and tell me what you think of it.
God Bless
as it plays:

i love the intro, the chatting effects... lol reminds me of zappa "susy creamcheese...., baby im your conscience" lol.

the harmonics are nice, i love the sound of them and the acoustic riff coming in sounds tight. you need to do some work about volume, ive had to turn this up pretty loud to hear the vocal (compress). im wondering if its just all acoustic or if a band will kick in... yep, i heard a hi-hat...

the panning is great, i like how i can hear the guitar in the middle and the string sounds panned out (if thats what you did, cool ****. ) the lyric is great, i just think it needs to be a bit more 'soulful' and sound like you really mean what youre saying, this is a great tune.

ermm.... i swear i heard a hi hat hit like at 1:30 or something like that... yea, its the same sound that comes in at 2:56... i think some interesting percussion would really 'define' the genre i guess of the music. if you went electronic it would be interesting, as well as an acoustic band would work excellent too.

i think you got something, but it still needs a few things to it.

crit me: (like i did to you)
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=845357
thanks man thts exactly what i did with the panning, do you mean I over compressed the vocals or they are not turned up enough?
God Bless
Quote by KURT4EVER
thanks man thts exactly what i did with the panning, do you mean I over compressed the vocals or they are not turned up enough?

i mean they arent turned up enough, or perhaps given the proper cuts and boosts with EQ to really stand it out in the mix. consider cutting everything below say 200hz to be safe, and maybe giving it a little boost at the 2k range for some more 'pop' in the mix... dont work it so much in solo, as you would within the context of the music.

crit me up so i can get outta the 2nd page