Hey guys, I never understood what this thing actually does/how you use it. I was under the impression that if you get it, you can plug your guitar into that, then that into the computer. But do you actually plug the Pod into something like an interface and then the interface into the computer?
Quote by !!Dope Man!!
Hey guys, I never understood what this thing actually does/how you use it. I was under the impression that if you get it, you can plug your guitar into that, then that into the computer. But do you actually plug the Pod into something like an interface and then the interface into the computer?

The pocket pod is for fun only, you cant easily record with it.

The larger PODs were made for studio use since you can stream audio down the USB line and into the computer. I have not seen any high end studios use any PODs but I'm sure they are ok for a home studio. I really feel an amp and good mic is the best way to go though.

The only pod you would need to use with an interface to record is the Pocket POD as its just made for fun and such...
i have a pod and it's actually pretty decent with recordings. you just have to find a 1/8 converter to put into your line in/mic port on your computer. dont forget you can use it just like any other pedal. you can jack into this and put a line out right into your amp.

what it's really nice for is if you're traveling or spending time away from your amp, just bring this guy with you and some headphones and youre set. it has a lot of presets on it so you can find a pretty wide variety of tones. if you're looking for heavy distortion, however, you won't find much.

it also has a pretty nice tuner.

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha