Page 1 of 2
Sorry, I bet this has been done before but I couldn't find anything in the Search Box. Feel free to close.
----------

What's that one band that you like that no one you know likes? That one band you might have on you music player as a different band name and hide it. Or that you turn the volume down really low so no one else can hear it.

For me; Bowling For Soup.

I liked them before that freakin' 1985 song came out. They were the one band that I liked before everyone else but now everyone hates them.

Go Pit Go.

Edit: Just to clear this up, I don't hide my music either. I thought about the putting a band as a different name because one of my friends did that.
Last edited by The_Paranoia at Apr 29, 2008,
I liked At the Drive - In before they were cool.

... no I didn't.
In an interstellar burst! I am back to save the universe...
I'm not ashamed of any of the music I like, thus removing any need to hide artists or label them as other artists.
Quote by FireandFlames
I'm not ashamed of any of the music I like, thus removing any need to hide artists or label them as other artists.

I agree wholeheartedly.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
I don't hide any music I like.

And, I like stuff from Akercocke, to Bright Eyes, to Elvenking, to Opeth, my profile just has a lot of metal, because I mainly listen to metal.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I'm assuming you mean more 'guilty pleasure' than one you like that know one else knows exists.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by Amalgam
I liked At the Drive - In before they were cool.

... no I didn't.

hahaha i'm with you there.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
Quote by The_Paranoia
Feel free to close.

They aren't going to ask for permission.
Mandy Moore. I don't hide it, though.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
I try to get my friends to listen to all the stuff I do I just got one into Silent Civilian
BromptonCocktail of the A7X Army PM Copius
Everyone I know personally hasn't heard of at least half a fraction of the bands/songs on my player.
I'm very proud of what I listen to, even the Black Parade album.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
My dad recently turned me on to Hall and Oates "Bitch Girl" real catchy.
lol. I am a metalhead, any good metal im usually there. my friends can usually guess what bands i will like and hate
Quote by customisbetter
Lightning bolt
the ultimate band that no one else likes

Brian Gippendale has tight chops.

but one band no one really knows about that I love would have to be Japanther

im not ashamed of what i listen to. fuck you if you dont like good music.
The Black Crowes. Half my friends think they're gay (Those are the metal guys), the other half don't know who they are.

Well I have one friend who likes them. Also the only one who knows who Duane Allman is. And he happens to be my rhythm guitarist. Oh well.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
I don't do that.
I gladly admit to listening to whatever I listen to. From Behemoth to Michelle Branch to Public Enemy to Mozart.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by The_Paranoia
Sorry, I bet this has been done before but I couldn't find anything in the Search Box.

lol at "search box"

I don't know any one else that listens to Leonard Cohen...
sup?
Aly and AJ, Aqua, Avril lavigne... boy the list goes on... and I havent even gotten through the A's

OH and of course hannah montana, but then again, she rawks!
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Quote by schecter_guy
i only know one other person that's heard of protest the hero and he only thinks they are OK.

WTF? Protest the Hero are epic famous son.

Like, zomfg Canadian Metulz.
In an interstellar burst! I am back to save the universe...
I listen to Dog Fashion Disco, Mr. Bungle, Tub Ring, stuff like that. I don't hide it though. I am proud that everyone thinks I am a freak!
Signature temporarily empty
Quote by jbyrd
My dad recently turned me on to Hall and Oates "Bitch Girl" real catchy.

*Rich Girl

On topic, I'm not really ashamed of anything on my mp3 player.
Wings.

Seriously, so many people in my school are like "WTF is this softcore ****" then they go back to their Fall out Boy and don't appreciate the simple nuances of music.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
I by no means have an extensive jazz collection, but none of my friends know who say, Joe Pass is. Also Rick Astley as so few people seem to be familiar with the Rickroll. I suppose Immortal Technique, not too many fans of him 'round these parts. Also death metal bands but I'm sure there's a handful of metal guys around here anyway.

I don't have anything I'd consider a guilty pleasure though. I don't feel guilty.
I've never met anyone that's ever heard of Ozric Tentacles. I love him.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by customisbetter
Lightning bolt
the ultimate band that no one else likes

Lightning Bolt is amazing.
I was just listening to Hypermagic Mountain about 30 minutes ago

I really like Yndi Halda and Circle Takes The Square, but no one ever talks about them. EVER.

EDIT: Immortal Technique is the best. I'm always making people listen to him
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
Quote by Beware!Criminal
Lightning Bolt is amazing.
I was just listening to Hypermagic Mountain about 30 minutes ago

I really like Yndi Halda and Circle Takes The Square, but no one ever talks about them. EVER.

EDIT: Immortal Technique is the best. I'm always making people listen to him

I sat in my friend's car blasting CTTS (Same Shade as Concrete) one time. We were driving through the mall parking lot looking for a spot to park and a bunch of the scenesters hanging out outside the mall started "hardcore dancing"... One of them even came up to us as we were walking in and asked us if CTTS was influenced by Alesana.....whoever the hell they are.

and +1 on Yndi Halda and Immortal Technique.
Um, this is going to sound ridiculous, but nobody I know has ever heard of Megadeth...
To atone a sin I didn't care for, but a sin that paid my debts
A sin that fed my children and burned my smiles and cigarettes
alesena. other than that i blast it and i dont care what others think. even my japanese rock.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
I get made fun of for liking stevie wonder. If you don't at least appreciate him, you know little of music

He was very influential
Page 1 of 2