ok so i have the 2x12 100w Flexy, and most of you guys says its better than most all solid state half stacks and combos, but is it better than a 50w-100w Vox Valvetronix?

my Flexy doesnt seem to give enough gain so either im getting a new amp or a guitar built for high gain like a Schecter
Not enough gain whit a flextone?

Something is wrong here.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
well enough gain to do a pinch harmonic

my friend is an expert at them and even he couldnt get one to come out of my flexy using my les paul, but on his crate glx2000 half stack he played it wonderfully

maybe i need new speakers?

after all its a Flextone II (made 2000-2002)
Quote by jcp42877
well enough gain to do a pinch harmonic

my friend is an expert at them and even he couldnt get one to come out of my flexy using my les paul, but on his crate glx2000 half stack he played it wonderfully

maybe i need new speakers?

after all its a Flextone II (made 2000-2002)

Pinch harmonics is all technique, it has nothing to do with the amp. The Flextone amps are much better than the Vox AD's. They're well-rounded amps and are gig worthy. Work on your technique, it's not the amp.
Quote by Guitarmiester
Pinch harmonics is all technique, it has nothing to do with the amp. The Flextone amps are much better than the Vox AD's. They're well-rounded amps and are gig worthy. Work on your technique, it's not the amp.

bingo... I had no problem hearing pinch harmonics on my flextone II. use the recto or modern hi gain settings, crank the channel volume and gain all the way up and use the master to make it as loud as you want it. If you still cant hear the harmonics its probably just your technique. Also make sure your noise gate is not on. turn it off by holding the Tap Tempo button and turn the Reverb knob down.

flextone is a much better amp then the valvetronix. it offers everything and more than the vox does except for the tube preamp. Either go tube or keep the flextone. The AD would be a downgrade IMO.
NEW GEAR:
Ibanez RG7420
Schecter CSH-1 Semi Hollowbody- W/ Duncans
Roland Microcube
B52 AT112 60 watt
Monster Cables

STOLEN:
Deluxe Double Fat Strat- Pewter
Gibson SG- w/ SD Invader
Line 6 Flextone II w/floorboard
ohhh, so does the noise gate mess it squealys up?

i also found out cutting back on bass and maxing mids gives me good tone too combined w/ near max treble
Quote by jcp42877
ohhh, so does the noise gate mess it squealys up?

I believe so, yes.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I love when people call pinch harmonics Squealies.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
i can do pinch harmonics on an acoustic. (bass and guitar)

you should be able to do them on a gained out flextone.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.