I have a used epi LP that is in like new condition. It is a mahogany/burgandy color with gold pickups. It is the Les Paul special bought nearly 8 years ago. It really is a nice looking guitar I just am not a fan of LPs and have no real use for it. I paid about $240 for it 8 years ago. I played it for a couple months when I originally bought it and then gave up guitar for about 7.5 years. I just picked the hobby up in january again and I bought a lite ash tele that I play almost exclusively. I want to sell this guitar and want to know what a fair price on it is.

Also how much would a perfect condition frontman 25r go for? I have no use for it anymore either. Originally ~$140.
~Nick
For the miniscule resale value of LP specials, it's better to just keep it as a backup guitar. If you've got a mate who'd buy it, take whatever you think seems reasonable. I wouldn't personally bother selling it any other way though. And the Frontman even more so.
I thought about selling the two as a pair to a buddy for 125$. Would that be ripping him off? Seems like a good deal to me but I know nothing about the resale value of either.
~Nick
Quote by hawk5211
the frontman?, maybe 50, if your lucky.

nah i see people on craigslist selling 15R ($99 at GC) for 60. i think you can get better for the amp for sure. i know that fender amps dont devalue much used, maybe not cheap stuff like frontman, but definitely better than 50 bucks.
for 125, thats a pretty good price...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
wait you bought a les paul special for 240? thats a lot, they usually go for like 150 brand new...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
he is selling it to a friend not eGay.

maybe 150 or so ccrnnr9 but you need that strat don't you?

;

I dont mean that he is selling it for a lot. I mean that he paid too much for it when he bought it...just seemed weird....
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Well I think if my mind serves me correctly I paid about $230 for the LP from musicians friend in 2000. Maybe they retailed for more then. The one I have is a bit nicer than the LP special my friend bought a year or two ago so maybe they have downgraded a bit.

To respond to 311, the frontman needs to go. I bought a 5w Peavey valveking that I adore (so far). I couldnt stand the tones from the frontman so I got the valveking a couple weeks ago and have been more than satisfied. I just am getting rid of my acoustic and this les paul to have a couple extra bucks to pay off the strat that I'm pickin' up on Thursday evening. I don't need the guitar (play it maybe 1 hour weekly) and I adore my tele so why not have a couple extra spending bucks and if it comes with the benefit of getting my friend into electric, a double bonus!
~Nick
Quote by ccrnnr9
Well I think if my mind serves me correctly I paid about $230 for the LP from musicians friend in 2000. Maybe they retailed for more then. The one I have is a bit nicer than the LP special my friend bought a year or two ago so maybe they have downgraded a bit.

To respond to 311, the frontman needs to go. I bought a 5w Peavey valveking that I adore (so far). I couldnt stand the tones from the frontman so I got the valveking a couple weeks ago and have been more than satisfied. I just am getting rid of my acoustic and this les paul to have a couple extra bucks to pay off the strat that I'm pickin' up on Thursday evening. I don't need the guitar (play it maybe 1 hour weekly) and I adore my tele so why not have a couple extra spending bucks and if it comes with the benefit of getting my friend into electric, a double bonus!
~Nick

Cool. 'Cause if you would have said, - 'ya that's my only amp but i really want this strat' - i would have understood.

good luck on Thursday - and great gesture to a friend BTW

let us know how it shakes out.

;