So my father and I were talking tonight about investing money and ****. He said I should start talking to a stock broker and make investments while I am young. But, we are both unsure if I can because of my age. If I have a parent co-sign can I start investing my money?
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
have your dad do it for you, then just transfer the funds to you when you're 18
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
I hope so, because I think investing would be a good idea for me too!
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
i think you can if you do it a certain way with your parents because ive personally have looked into it and im 16 as well
GEAR
Jackson JS30WR with EMG 81/85
Dean Vendetta
Peavey Valveking 212 (tung sol 12ax7 - JJ6l6gc)
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote by alexyeung
try anything form avenged sevenfold

wtf?
This:

Quote by icon_player_5
have your dad do it for you, then just transfer the funds to you when you're 18

Not This:

Quote by brandon_
your 16 so spend your money on drugs
you can invest in stocks at 5 if you've got the money. the only problem is do you choose a broker or do you buy your stocks yourself individually. the problem with that is that brokers are a little more expensive BUT they should know the market like the head of their penis so they will know when to buy/sell and what to buy in up and coming stock markets. doing it yourself means YOU have to keep watch on your stocks and choose whether to buy/sell. this keeps it on your terms but, means you gotta keep up with it and learn how the system works
Well my father is having legal issues involving money right now and can not invest or even have a checking account at the moment. So my grandmother will probably sign.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
dont invest in stocks...we're in a recession and stocks are dropping...
Quote by vjferrara
you can invest in stocks at 5 if you've got the money. the only problem is do you choose a broker or do you buy your stocks yourself individually. the problem with that is that brokers are a little more expensive BUT they should know the market like the head of their penis so they will know when to buy/sell and what to buy in up and coming stock markets. doing it yourself means YOU have to keep watch on your stocks and choose whether to buy/sell. this keeps it on your terms but, means you gotta keep up with it and learn how the system works

It is completely impossible to predict with 100% accuracy what the market is going to do.
Quote by Kurt123

Buy when low, sell when high, surely...
Quote by Kurt123

That depends on what stocks you have. My stocks have gone up about 15% from what I bought them at.

However, if you're 16, I don't recommend investing in stocks. Put your money in a 2 year CD and let it gain moderate interest at a steady rate until you're 18. Then, take your money and put it in a Roth IRA. You can put up to $5000 a year into it. If you put that much into it every year, you can retire with a nice amount of cash. The great thing about a Roth IRA is that you have already paid taxes on your money, so whatever growth you see, you keep 100% of that money.

Save investing in stocks for when you have a nice amount for an initial investment. This way, your percentage of growth will be exponentially more than if you invested $100 in something.
My Gear:
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Taylor 410ce
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Blackheart Little Giant
Zakk Wylde Wah
Fulltone FullDrive 2
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone GT500
Fulltone TTE
Boss Metal Zone
Line 6 Delay Modeler
I invested at 16, just have your parent sign a custodial account like you do for any bank account.

And my advice after my personal research(I actually read multiple books and had a face-to-face meeting with a stock broker) is to invest in index funds(they're way different from mutual funds, mutual funds are generally terrible). The market historically averages an +11% for each year, and most index funds pay back around that amount, it may not be big money but it's better than a bank and it's as safe as you can get with stocks. An index fund can do things like invest in fortune 500 companies for you, depends on which one you choose. Anyway, an index fund's positives over stock brokers are that they're more diverse so you seldom see losses and you also pay next to no fees, while with a broker you pay through the ass for their services, which generally isn't good for a small time investor like most young investors are. You may want to watch the market for a while though, it's going through a bit of a down cycle right now.

Lord, talking about stocks, I feel like I should be wearing dockers and topsiders and sailing off the coast in my cruiser after this.
Quote by J-Spoon
I did a forward roll into a backflip, caught the les paul and blasted out a face melting version of stairway to intimidate this mentally retarted kid on life support in a wheelchair that was trying to play it through an MG. What a loser.
You can't do much until you are 18... I know a girl that I went to college with had to have her mom come in and sign stuff because she had a late birthday and couldn't sign all the needed papers yet.
You can't invest until you turn 18(21 some places I think), your parents can invest on your behalf but you can't invest. Honestly I wouldn't invest in stocks until you have saved up around $10k you can afford to lose, and I think you need to have even more to day trade. The stock market isn't really a good place for young guys who can't afford to lose lots of money to invest anyways (thats why I don't invest there), shares can vary so much its crazy, if you think like "eveyone shops at Company A it must be a good buy" then you will fail it's much better to think like "if I do this then I will have a better chance of making a profit". Instead of investing now I might start with a virtual brokerage(that follows the market) and get a hang of the basics without putting real money on the line, then when you can invest you will have a head start.