Page 1 of 2
This Friday, according to my friend, is a national protest day. No one is supposed to buy gas in an effort to lower prices...

Many people probably won't even try, but if a big enough amount of people do...maybe we can get them lowered. I know it might sound like a load, but just believe me, please, and do NOT buy gas on Friday. No one knows what it will achieve, but let's all try and find out. If it doesn't lower prices, at least we can say that we tried.
Because, you know, it will work. Its not like people are going to just fill up the day before/the day after and have no impact at all.

These protests are pointless. If you really want to protest for a cause, you have to go on for a longer amount of time than one day. The Montgomery Bus Boycott lasted 381 days. 381 days of protest before what they dreamed of was achieved. You think a day is going to matter at all?

Gas companies know you're pissed off at high gas prices, but they also know that you're going to buy gas anyways because you need it for your vehicles. Buy a bike.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
i'll probably protest the protest and buy gas just to piss you all off. Its not gonna work. and if the prices to get lowered (i dont know why they would) they will just go back up.
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
Quote by NotAGuitarHero
Because, you know, it will work. Its not like people are going to just fill up the day before/the day after and have no impact at all.

These protests are pointless. If you really want to protest for a cause, you have to go on for a longer amount of time than one day. The Montgomery Bus Boycott lasted 381 days. 381 days of protest before what they dreamed of was achieved. You think a day is going to matter at all?

Gas companies know you're pissed off at high gas prices, but they also know that you're going to buy gas anyways because you need it for your vehicles. Buy a bike.

True.

If you want to make a difference, stop buying gas altogether
Quote by freedoms_stain
And cue the reasons why this is pointless...

I don't know, it might be pointless...but we have to try. What happened to the 70's when everyone used to protest because they believed they had a voice? Everyone now is just a pawn of the government. Someone's making millions of dollars off of these ridiculous gas prices. Not only that, but it's making it rough on some people who are just getting by with their current funds.

I don't like the idea of having my bank account being run dry just because of oil. Like I said, this might be pointless, but we at least have to try.
Quote by FireandFlames
Can we not eat, drink, or breathe on Friday as well?

yeah the prices of air these days are expensive.. like etf i can barely afford to breathe once and hour
The increase in gas price is due to decrease in supply.

Learn your:

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by NotAGuitarHero

Perfection.
Quote by Xiaoxi
The increase in gas price is due to decrease in supply.

Well, why doesn't someone invent a way to fuel our vehicles with an abundant energy source then? I mean, I know there's, what? vegetable oil? But we need something good if the oil of the world is running out
I dont buy gas often anyways. i walk everywhere unless i have to get things done quick or its all the way across town and my girlfriend wont come get me haha. I've bought gas once maybe in the past month. Doesnt seem to be working.
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
Quote by StJimmy88
I don't know, it might be pointless...but we have to try. What happened to the 70's when everyone used to protest because they believed they had a voice? Everyone now is just a pawn of the government. Someone's making millions of dollars off of these ridiculous gas prices. Not only that, but it's making it rough on some people who are just getting by with their current funds.

I don't like the idea of having my bank account being run dry just because of oil. Like I said, this might be pointless, but we at least have to try.
Yes, you need to try, but not in this way. All that will happen is the petrol stations will be busier the day before and the day after and slow on the day itself.

If you want to make a difference don't use cars at all for a week. Walk, cycle, take the bus/train. Do that for a week every month and maybe something will happen. This will do nothing.
Quote by homo-erectus
yeah the prices of air these days are expensive.. like etf i can barely afford to breathe once and hour

There is some truth to his statement though. For billions, gasoline is a necessity, not a luxury. For many, it's a crucial commodity that they depend on, for better or for worse.

The only real way to solve the gas price problem is to improve the technology. Gas has a virtually nonrenewable limited supply, and as long as we deem it a necessity and therefore an inelastic good, the price will continue to rise. The only way to combat this is to eliminate the notion of gas as a dependency. And the only way to do that is to improve and create technology that will either use gas much more efficiently or render it obsolete.

The reason why protests against rising gas price is stupid is because it's protesting for the catalyst to an irreversible problem. The effort is wasted and instead could be used to fund programs that are developing better methods of energy management.

Quote by StJimmy88
Well, why doesn't someone invent a way to fuel our vehicles with an abundant energy source then?

Because everyone is too caught up with the current problem rather than investing in a better solution in the future. See: protest to lower gas price.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
There is some truth to his statement though. For billions, gasoline is a necessity, not a luxury. For many, it's a crucial commodity that they depend on, for better or for worse.

The only real way to solve the gas price problem is to improve the technology. Gas has a virtually nonrenewable limited supply, and as long as we deem it a necessity and therefore an inelastic good, the price will continue to rise. The only way to combat this is to eliminate the notion of gas as a dependency. And the only way to do that is to improve and create technology that will either use gas much more efficiently or render it obsolete.

The reason why protests against rising gas price is stupid is because it's protesting for the catalyst to an irreversible problem. The effort is wasted and instead could be used to fund programs that are developing better methods of energy management.

Because everyone is too caught up with the current problem rather than investing in a better solution in the future. See: protest to lower gas price.

Or said effort could be used towards more beneficial protests, like those against Scientology's status as a church, or those against heavy censorship in music and video games. They are much more important issues because there is a chance for change due to protests.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
You aren't going to hurt anyone but the poor gas station owners who already bought the oil from the big companies. if we could get the gas stations to stop filling thier tanks, then maybe that could do somehting, but the average person not buying gas for a day isnt going to hurt the big boys, because thier gas is already sold to the stations, as perviously said. sorry
Quote by Crimzin3
The Myth: Mesa amps were given to us by God, and sound as such.
The Truth: True. God is the CEO and Jesus does QC at Mesa...yup.

Quote by StJimmy88
This Friday, according to my friend, is a national protest day. No one is supposed to buy gas in an effort to lower prices...

Many people probably won't even try, but if a big enough amount of people do...maybe we can get them lowered. I know it might sound like a load, but just believe me, please, and do NOT buy gas on Friday. No one knows what it will achieve, but let's all try and find out. If it doesn't lower prices, at least we can say that we tried.

Not going to work for many reasons...

Anyway, you need to stop complaining, you have probably the cheapest petrol prices in the Western world, and at the same time have the luxury of making biofuels at the expense of developing nations. You've really got very little to complain about.
Yeah. You all defenately opened my eyes because I realize now that one day isn't going to improve anything. But, people should plan a much bigger protest, that spans a time frame of several weeks...maybe months.
Quote by StJimmy88
Yeah. You all defenately opened my eyes because I realize now that one day isn't going to improve anything. But, people should plan a much bigger protest, that spans a time frame of several weeks...maybe months.

Wow, are you that dense?

Quote by 6079 Smith W
I'm all for it!!

I guess I better fill up Thursday night.

Unless this is satirical, it shows just "effective" the protest is.

Okay, people won't fill up on Friday. But they'll be sure to fill up on Thursday, therefore generating the revenue that would have been made from gasoline on Friday.

If this comment is satirical, then you've nailed it right on the head.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Apr 29, 2008,
maybe...

I mean, after thinking about it on my own...it did seem kind of pointless...but hey, I just thought I'd let you guys know about it. So when you all really said about it being stupid..well, ok...it finally clicked. lol I can't help it my dreams got in the way.

If you want, I suppose there's not harm in still not buying gas on Friday. But yeah...fill up on thursday
They'll keep jacking the prices up, because we'll keep buying the gas. There's nothing you or I can do about that. Four years ago I had seen like one mini coop in my life. Now I see them all over the place. To be honest we were lucky to get the oil cheap for so long anyway. Ask the Europeans how much they have to pay for gas.
Quote by StJimmy88
maybe...

I mean, after thinking about it on my own...it did seem kind of pointless...but hey, I just thought I'd let you guys know about it. So when you all really said about it being stupid..well, ok...it finally clicked. lol I can't help it my dreams got in the way.

If you want, I suppose there's not harm in still not buying gas on Friday. But yeah...fill up on thursday

You fail to see the point.

What you're protesting for is for the lowering of gas price, which will increase the accessibility of buying gas. But guess what? The supply is gas is about to be completely depleted, so buying more gas does nothing but deplete the supply of gas even faster. When the supply of gas depletes even faster, the oil companies will have no choice but to raise the price of gas through the roof to cope with the dramatic decrease in supply. And you will, once again, not only have high, but exponentially higher gas prices than you've ever imagined. Oh, and of course, the verge of complete gas depletion.

In short, protesting for lowering gas price will actually do nothing but increase gas price dramatically more after a brief period of illusive low prices. If anything, you're just fucking us all in the ass even harder.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
How about stop driving cars and buying tons and tons of crap that requires fossil fuels to make so the rest of us aren't fucked.
How about stop driving cars and buying tons and tons of crap that requires fossil fuels to make so the rest of us aren't fucked.

Maybe we wouldn't need fossil fuels if alternative energy was worth anything. Why don't we invest in fusion? It uses isotopes of WATER, which is pretty abundant the last time I checked. Besides Nuclear reactions provide a ****load more more energy than anything else.
To atone a sin I didn't care for, but a sin that paid my debts
A sin that fed my children and burned my smiles and cigarettes
Quote by Weiss_xc
Maybe we wouldn't need fossil fuels if alternative energy was worth anything. Why don't we invest in fusion? It uses isotopes of WATER, which is pretty abundant the last time I checked. Besides Nuclear reactions provide a ****load more more energy than anything else.

We're not investing because people such as the thread starter are short sighted and only sees the immediate problem and would rather spend time trying to place a blame than to find an actual solution.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Weiss_xc

Fuck alternative energy. Energy is finite no matter which way you look at it. The solution is to abolish industrialized mass production and learn how to live a little more like human beings.
Fuck alternative energy. Energy is finite no matter which way you look at it. The solution is to abolish industrialized mass production and learn how to live a little more like human beings.
finally, I know that I'm not the only one that realizes that we aren't living like we're supposed to.. our lives have no damn purpose anymore, it's set up for to be born, go to school, earn money for nothing, and die.
i <3 you, sargasm.
Quote by Crimzin3
The Myth: Mesa amps were given to us by God, and sound as such.
The Truth: True. God is the CEO and Jesus does QC at Mesa...yup.

It's been done! They'll just end up putting the price up!
Thats what happened in Australia anyways!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by Explicit User
our lives have no damn purpose anymore, it's set up for to be born, go to school, earn money for nothing, and die.
i <3 you, sargasm.

I believe that that's just nature's way. the goal of every living being is to survive, and reproduce. It just so happens that the way humans do that is to go to school and earn money so that they can provide for themselves. The more money people make, the easier and more comforatable it is for them to survive.
My sig used to be so awesome it got me banned
i would never even make a statement. the only way to do that is to convince people to use as little gas as possible for a few weeks, or even months. that means if you're only going a few miles, try walking or riding a bike instead of being lazy and driving everywhere. i don't believe in global warming and gas prices haven't really bothered me that much yet, but this summer, whenever i go anywhere within ten miles of my house, i'm either walking or riding my bike unless i have to take my guitar somewhere or something like that, since it's all on back roads.
Quote by StJimmy88

Well, according to MY friend, Your a douchebag for believing your friend
Member of Cryptozoology Group!

Quote by Ichimaru
It's simple to sound like them, tune your guitars down a couple of steps but don't worry if it's actually IN tune or not, then just plug in and throw your guitar out the window.
If we could start drilling in ANWR gas prices would go down to like $2.00 a gallon. **** the stupid muskrats or whatever the hell animal the environmentalists want to preserve up there. I know it's some animal that no one really gives a **** about will most likely just migrate to find a new habitat.
HAHAHA i remember when a buncha mexicans tried to do this here a couple years ago. they were pissed off about taxes or something so they didn't buy anything from the stores for a day. It didn't work one damn bit.
Quote by StJimmy88
Well, why doesn't someone invent a way to fuel our vehicles with an abundant energy source then? I mean, I know there's, what? vegetable oil? But we need something good if the oil of the world is running out

dont some countries use corn oil or something now?
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

I feel ten times more alternative just reading your posts.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Page 1 of 2