How much would it cost for a neck fixin'?

My little brother leaned it against the wall and it fell, cracking the neck near the headstock. The fretboard shifted and now when I pluck the High E string while it's empty, it makes a buzzing sound and hitting against the fretboard.

It's an Epiphone Limited Edition 1966 G-400. No pictures yet, but I'll get them ASAP.
Signature
in my experience, just replace the neck, i've done it to one so far, have a second that needs it, older guitars more sentimental than anything but ..... i got them "fixed" and it just wasn't the same
Well, it's a fairly new guitar. I received it Friday, so sentimental value isn't so much of a big deal, although it is my first "nice" guitar.

And the neck is a glue on, I think.

Either way, how much would it be for a repair or replacement?
Signature
I don't think that it'd need a new neck, because the cracks might not be that serious. It's definitely not a finish crack, but it doesn't seem too serious.

Would it really cost me that much more?
Signature
Quote by metallicat420
g-400s are set-neck am i right? it wont cost that much to replace a set neck

Would it be as good as new?
Signature
See if a luthier can fix it. My friend has a epi SG and the headstock was busted off. The guy who did the repair screwed it up pretty bad. I went and looked to see the cost to fix it. And bout the only place to get a ready made neck for one is from epi. And it wasnt cheap. Then of course is the cost to get the old neck off and a new one put in right. Lets see a new g400 is 300 bucks and a new neck with install was over 500 so do the math metallicat420. So TS hopefully it can be glued back together but dont go cheap get it done right. And invest in a guitar stand.
Quote by Tackleberry
See if a luthier can fix it. My friend has a epi SG and the headstock was busted off. The guy who did the repair screwed it up pretty bad. I went and looked to see the cost to fix it. And bout the only place to get a ready made neck for one is from epi. And it wasnt cheap. Then of course is the cost to get the old neck off and a new one put in right. Lets see a new g400 is 300 bucks and a new neck with install was over 500 so do the math metallicat420. So TS hopefully it can be glued back together but dont go cheap get it done right. And invest in a guitar stand.

Checked with some friends of mine and like people have said. Definitely not worth it. Better off just replacing the guitar really.

When and if you do, I'd suggest something other than a guitar stand, if your brother likes bumping things around. Get a wall hanger, or better yet, keep it in a hardshell case when it's not being played.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by metallicat420
g-400s are set-neck am i right? it wont cost that much to replace a set neck

yeah about that........
I hope you mean bolt on.

But yeah thread starter a whole new guitar would honestly be a better investment.
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
Quote by Krzy8
yeah about that........
I hope you mean bolt on.

But yeah thread starter a whole new guitar would honestly be a better investment.

Bolt ons are cheaper to replace than glue on, right?
^Yes. 4 screws>glue, in terms of taking a neck off.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Send me pics and I might do it for $100 with a 5 year guarantee.
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
damn man i had a washburn d-10 and one day i went to pull it out from under the bed and i looked at it... i had to double take, then i realized the headstock was dissconnected from the guitar... damn kids jumpin on the bed!!!
i felt rather sad as it was burning in the trash pile... good wood tho lol...
good times good times...