I have been having my 7 string guitar for about 5 months and i think it time to add a pedal .

What guitar pedal should i get first to get the sound of KoRn?
plug your guitar into a wolverines ass, you'll pretty much get the same effect

on a serious note, a good distortion/metal pedal

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
You'd need to tell us what kind of guitar and amp you have.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Quote by Awaken
plug your guitar into a wolverines ass, you'll pretty much get the same effect

on a serious note, a good distortion/metal pedal

He may not have the budget for a wolverine though. He may need to settle for a raccoon or badger, depending on how much he has to spend.

Well, we need more info!
What's your guitar, amp, stuff like that?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
If you want a Korn tone, you'll never mimic their tone without a nice high gain amp. They get most of their tone just from their guitars and amps (Triple Rectifier, Road King, and various others). But... you can suffice enough with pretty much any distortion pedal; try out a Metal Zone (Boss). I believe Munky has one in his huge pedal board.

Sadly... yes, among many things, I am a Korn fan
Quote by HardAttack
You'd need to tell us what kind of guitar and amp you have.

I have a Ibanez RG7321 guitar with a Kustom Dart guitar amp with and built in Effects.
Oh my it is 1999 again.
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
That's like saying - if I asked which Epiphone John Lennon used - it's OMG it is 1964 again!

And i'm not comparing Lennon to Munky or Head, but the guy was just looking for some help. who cares?

;

+1

snobs annoy me
It's hard to consistently get their sound because it's pretty different tonaly depending on what song, and especially what album.

Overall, the most important thing you'll need is LOTS of Gain, tight on the low end and with a really dry EQ setting to really create Munky's (and formerly head's) atonal sound and percussive punch..

Secondly, the most important effects you'll need are a Whammy Pedal, preferrably the original whammy/wha, and a phaser, more specifically the small stone and preferrably two of them.

Another good item to have that munk has in his board is a modified vintage tube screamer.

Also, Munky and Head had two totally different rigs when looking at effects.. Both had the Whammy and the phaser, but Munky's pedal board is HUGE. Head used to run pretty minimalistic with pedals..

DiMarzzio pickups would help as well, but not that big of a deal..

Get a Whammy if you're looking for a quick purchase to get something close....

it's Heavily used in a LOT of their songs.

Their wall of sound effect in songs like Here to stay, Twisted Transistor, and Somebody Someone is created by the use the Octave harmonize function that's impossible to recreate with just a guitar and an amp.....

Just an estimate, but I'd say that around 50% of their songs use the whammy pedal to some degree or another...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Last edited by Reildeal at Apr 30, 2008,
i like heavy more but its all prefrence.
IMO:
Heavy more control
Lite: less resistnece to the strings(easier to go faster)
Med:some where in between(hence med)
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by kornmunkykid
I have been having my 7 string guitar for about 5 months and i think it time to add a pedal .

What guitar pedal should i get first to get the sound of KoRn?

Hey man, this post is probably a bit late... But DUDE, I found a site that shows you exactly what equipment Munky and head use, even Fieldy, so here it is mate, hopefully you can make some sense of it: http://www.guitargeek.com/search?qt=b&q=Korn&x=0&y=0

Good luck my man!
I'm pretty sure Munky uses/used a MXR Blue Box and a Dunlop Univibe at some point. but i also read somewhere that he put a speaker into a drawer and filled it with marbles. so, i'm not sure if there's a pedal that can replicate that.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
EHX BIg Muff Pi, I read in a GC add that he Munky uses one.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Nice necro bump...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com