Page 1 of 3
Ok, so I decided I'm going to enter the Talent Show next year at my school to come out at first place fo sho... and I'm a bit stuck on what song to play. The talent show would be next year's and I need to start practicing now so I can impress the judges hardcore. here are my choices:

-No Boundaries (Michael Angelo Batio)

-Trilogy Suite Op. 5 (Yngwie Malmsteen)

-Jaws Of Life (John Petrucci p.s. is there any way to do this song on a 6-string?)

-Far Beyond The Sun (Yngwie Malmsteen)

-Cliffs Of Dover (Eric Johnson)

-For The Love Of God (Steve Vai)

-I Cum Blood (Cannibal Corpse)

Feel free to recommend any more songs... So far I'm thinking either Far Beyond The Sun, Jaws Of Life, or Trilogy Suite.
ANY Say Anything song acoustically played is AMAZING.

But out of your options, play For The Love Of God
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
lol to above

if i gotta pick out of your choices, it would be cliffs of dover
Quote by Garret.
No trumpets sound when the important decisions of our life are made.

Destiny is made known silently.
Stare At The Sun (Acoustic) - Thrice

That'll blow everyone's mind!
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
for the love of god or cliffs of dover would actually be pretty sweet.
Gear:
-Fender American Deluxe Strat HSS
-Fender Twin Reverb '65 Reissue
-And all the fuzz a man needs
Ocean by John Butler
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
normal people dont like the sound of shredding. play something people will like.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Cliffs of Dover.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Quote by soul_power
Ocean by John Butler

This one!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Make up your own song. It's far more impressive than doing covers.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Any JBT song!
Or, Keilbasa-The D
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
cliffs of dover for sure.
LSD

"Member #5 of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM AK Guitarist to join."
cliffs of dover, but only if you do it absolutely perfectly, like play nothing except that until it happens in order to practice.

otherwise it sucks
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Make up your own song. It's far more impressive than doing covers.

yeah and the best part of that is if ya f-up cause of nerves or whatever, they might not even know it cause they dont know the song
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
usually to win something like that, you've got to win both the judges and audience. You ought to play a song that most people know and enjoy. If you play a song that is amazing in the perspective of a guitarist, it's not likewise for a person outside of the spectrum.
Cliffs of Dover, or pretty much anything by Malmsteen, Satriani or Vai.
Carry Me Home - The Living End

it's fun to play, showy but not impossible (tho it is really REALLY hard in the solo) and people will know it because it was in guitar hero II.
FTLOG is overdone.

Crushing Day by Satch? The first solo isn't hard but sounds cool, and the second is unreal but should be doable if you can sweep well.
Want: EH Deluxe Memory Man, Warmoth Strat, Budda Superdrive 45
Last edited by bullets34 at Apr 30, 2008,
Building the church

start off "its so nice to be in this beautiful school with you beautiful people"

also try having a fan blowing your hair so it defies gravity
I think people would be more impressed if you played and sang an acoustic song. Also you would be way better off doing anything less lame that Micheal Angelo Batio, hahaha. He's good, but damn it he's lame, haha.
You didnt list Satriani but my vote goes for Always with Me Always with You. If not that then Cliffs of Dover for sure.
play FREEEEEEEEEBIRD!
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Out of your list, Cliffs of Dover. As awesome Batio, Malmsteen and Vai are, I don't all out shred would connect very well with a croud of teenagers with varied musical tastes.
I do loves me some Ocean, though.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by B. Jammin
You didnt list Satriani but my vote goes for Always with Me Always with You. If not that then Cliffs of Dover for sure.

+1

They probably won't know the song but even the most casual music listener's jaw will drop when they hear that song.
Page 1 of 3