No!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Yes, it's retarded.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
a boycot on gas makes no sense. it would have to be a boycot on driving. but of course no one is going to do that...

seriously, who thought this up?
I have no opinion on this matter.
It won't work.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
never works. been tried before. it actually makes the gas cost more the next week. horrible idea
Thats stupid, those people need to set some realistic goals instead of "Derrrr....ban gas" are you ****ing kidding me? People need to learn how to think these things through and do something to help that will actually be productive. Prices are so high no one is buying gas anyways.
Boycott on gas? pff **** that
Quote by DaliLama
Go to a friend and say "what the difference between soda and your soda?............(pause).............sperm!" Then you start masturbating furiously into their can

My gear
ESP EC1000fr
Marshall 1960a
Peavy 6505
yeah, there's one that's supposed to be a week long and they're saying "fill up the week before and ride out the week without buying gas"

senseless.

personally, i walk everywhere and i have the option to drive or take public transit, and its not that i get all high and mighty about it, but there are millions of people that drive when they could just walk and it drives me insane.
hug your local pug dealer!
A one day boycott, great idea.

Would've worked better on 4/20 when people might be staying inside anyway.

Too many tards without jobs...
The gas boycotts are so stupid. The idea is to create a huge loss for the gas companies so that they lower prices. It might work if they didn't just make up for the losses on say... May 3rd?
Quote by cody733
yeah, there's one that's supposed to be a week long and they're saying "fill up the week before and ride out the week without buying gas"

senseless.

personally, i walk everywhere and i have the option to drive or take public transit, and its not that i get all high and mighty about it, but there are millions of people that drive when they could just walk and it drives me insane.

That would be a HUGE improvement...if we spent more money on just improving our public transportation...not so many people would drive. I say improve public transportation and that will make a huge HUGE diffrence
Quote by Muzikh
Why the hell would you do that? Do you WANT to hurt our economy?!

yes....
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
yes....

haha nice....

and by the way

LOOK AROUND A LITTLE FIRST

theres already a damn thread on this.

that is all
Quote by Crimzin3
The Myth: Mesa amps were given to us by God, and sound as such.
The Truth: True. God is the CEO and Jesus does QC at Mesa...yup.

I think its a great idea. Unfortunatley, nowadays everyone is a bitch, and can't give up luxuries for a cause. Our whole entire economy is over seas any way. So what the ****? I think if we, "hurt" the economy and removed our industry back to our country, we would win in the long run. It would provide more jobs and the cost of education would go down too. Half the people posting here probably can't even drive lol
Quote by Nike-Man
Our whole entire economy is over seas any way. So what the ****? I think if we, "hurt" the economy and removed our industry back to our country, we would win in the long run.

The 'economy is overseas' because there's more oil overseas. There's not enough oil in America to supply the whole nation., so obviously they get some from the Middle East. In a perfect world everyone would have enough resources in their own country to sustain themselves, but they don't, so suck it up.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Some of the main issues that are resulting in the price increase are the devaluation(?) of the dollar and the industrialization of China. We're almost at peak oil output as it is, and now we have to share, and 1 dollar gets us less gas. Deal with it.

Don't blame America, blame OPEC for being bitches.

That is all.

PS: I hate hippies
really that will never work. the only good thing we can do is if we boycott one company, JUST ONE COMPANY,so how about exxon/mobil for a couple months, well if no one bought there gas they would eventually have to lower there prices. well then when they go down enough start buying gas from only them resulting in a high scale price war between exxon/mobil, shell, chevron, texaco, arco...etc.
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
Gallien-Kreuger Backline 600
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
Quote by B3RZ3RK3R
really that will never work. the only good thing we can do is if we boycott one company, JUST ONE COMPANY,so how about exxon/mobil for a couple months, well if no one bought there gas they would eventually have to lower there prices. well then when they go down enough start buying gas from only them resulting in a high scale price war between exxon/mobil, shell, chevron, texaco, arco...etc.

That would be stupid..as evil as those big companies are...its kinda good we are paying a lot for gas, ok look I want to the prices to go down for my own personal benefit...but until we start using better resources...the higher gas prices are, the less we use...its getting scarce people.
Quote by pak1351

PS: I hate hippies

yeah, because everyone who advocates peace and love must be uneducated greasy bums. Oh wait, you're an idiot.
Quote by farcry
yeah, because everyone who advocates peace and love must be uneducated greasy bums. Oh wait, you're an idiot.

Who the hell's talking about peace or love? I hate retards more than hippies.

This is a conversation about gas prices and whether or not their boycott is going to do anything.

Boycotting one company won't really help.

Exxon/Mobil corp sells its gas to the local stations, which then resell the gasoline to you. You'd be hurting the people who own these local firms, and not the large 'evil-coproration' itself.

Also, as I said, we're reaching the maximum level of oil production that is possible. This includes refined oil. To reduce the price, we need to build more refineries to increase supply.

Everyone needs to pull their heads out of their asses and realize that consumers have relatively no impact on the price of gasoline. The only way to fix this problem is to increase supply of gas by constructing new refineries, or reducing total consumption of gasoline world-wide.

Invest in some exxon/mobil stock. That would be a good bet too.
This would never work because the gas that we are paying for is already in the tanks. so matter if we buy it or not the price is going to stay the same. Plus most of the gas was paid off when the truck delivers it so the companies reflect the price of oil by how it is traded by that day, not by how much people buy.
My gear:
Epiphone Explorer
JB player strat
Spider II 30watt
Some knock off bass
Create bass amp 50 watt

www.myspace.com/ydayshero
Quote by pak1351
Who the hell's talking about peace or love? I hate retards more than hippies.

This is a conversation about gas prices and whether or not their boycott is going to do anything.

Boycotting one company won't really help.

Exxon/Mobil corp sells its gas to the local stations, which then resell the gasoline to you. You'd be hurting the people who own these local firms, and not the large 'evil-coproration' itself.

Also, as I said, we're reaching the maximum level of oil production that is possible. This includes refined oil. To reduce the price, we need to build more refineries to increase supply.

Everyone needs to pull their heads out of their asses and realize that consumers have relatively no impact on the price of gasoline. The only way to fix this problem is to increase supply of gas by constructing new refineries, or reducing total consumption of gasoline world-wide.

Invest in some exxon/mobil stock. That would be a good bet too.

yeah, and what does any of that have to do with hippies. You don't have to be a hippy to protest, citizenship in a democracy should give you that right.
Quote by AJRCoyote
That would be stupid..as evil as those big companies are...its kinda good we are paying a lot for gas, ok look I want to the prices to go down for my own personal benefit...but until we start using better resources...the higher gas prices are, the less we use...its getting scarce people.

That is what I consider a hippie.
No greasy, uneducated bums I know of have a computer, or like to get on UG and talk about gas boycotts, since it's irrelevant to bums as they don't have a car. Your stereotypes seem to differ from mine, so pass on with the hate.

(not picking on you ajrcoyote, just an example for farcry)

If we don't use it, other countries would be happy to buy it.
Just wait until the supply peaks, and the prices aren't rising because of a shortage of refineries or as a result of the weakening dollar, but rather because we have less. Then there's going to be a real war for oil. This is independent on our consumption, as other nations will continue to find a need for oil, so production will increase, until it no longer can (ie:all refineries are operating at 100% capacity locally, but there is also a decrease in overall supply worldwide)

We do not matter, our choices have little to no effect on the price of gasoline and we cannot influence it. Stop coming up with these stupid boycotts and come up with a new fuel source that is suitable for both automobiles and power generation. And deal with the greenhouse gas bs as well.

My money's on fission being the next main power source.
I'll reiterate what I said in the other thread:

It's not going to work for many reasons...

You need to stop complaining, you have some of the cheapest petrol prices in the Western world, and at the same time have the luxury of making biofuels at the expense of developing nations. You've really got very little to complain about.