i am kinds confused about the whole harmonic thing. there are two types of harmonics right: artificial and natural. artificial is like pinch ahrmonics i think. and natural, i dont know. i think i get it sometimes when you vibrato on the 12th fret of the higher strings. right? if so how do i get it on other frets?

lamb of god uses natural harmonics a lot, how do they get them so much is there a technique?
a natural harmonic can be achieved by very light hovering you finger over a string (barely touching it) and picking, it's easiest at the 12th fret. Pinch harmonics are when your sort of pinch the string when you pick it, it's a little tough to get down.
"A musician should not be measured by the skill at which they perform, but the passion, and love for music with which they are playing."
Natural- lightly touch a string, and pick it. Good on frets: {2-3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 9.5, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19} Some of these require a really light touch.
Artificial- Takes practice and you have to
1) Find the "sweet spots"
2) Get your thumb in the right spot

I realize harmonics are all over the place, now that I actually go all the way down the string and look for them.
Last edited by qstionauthority at Apr 30, 2008,