Hi. I have an epi les paul 100. I have a few questions. Howcome the sounds sound noisy? You don't get a clean sound really. With overdrive on, while strumming, you can hear the sound of contact during the pluck, and it kind of ruins it, or is it supposed to be like that?
It's most likely due to the guitar being fairly cheap and nasty.

It's a good starter guitar, but once you get columes up you can really tell that the electrics don't produce a great sound.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Change the pickups, dude. I have an epi Les Paul Classic and I couldn't be happier with it since I dropped some Duncans in her. I installed Duncans on every guitar I own. They even sell a dual pickup set-two matched humbuckers. The SH-6(b) with the JB-1(n) is ideal.
Quote by tlluckbrown
Change the pickups, dude. I have an epi Les Paul Classic and I couldn't be happier with it since I dropped some Duncans in her. I installed Duncans on every guitar I own. They even sell a dual pickup set-two matched humbuckers. The SH-6(b) with the JB-1(n) is ideal.

Pickups aren't going to help here, the amp is the problem. For starters you're not going to get a clean sound with the overdrive on because it's supposed to sound dirty, however if it's one of those cheap starter amps it's not going to be up to much regardless.

It's not the greatest guitar in the world obviously, but it's more than good enough to start on. Long term, however, it's not really worth upgrading.

A Roland Microcube is the answer here. However in the meantime just turn the guitar volume down a bit when you want to play clean, it'll help a little.

Oh...and JB in the neck??? Ugh
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Apr 30, 2008,
Do we know what amp he is using?

I know when a friend plugged in his LP-100 to my Peavey amp, his sound was crap, while my LTD sounds good. I wouldn't discount the amp until we know what it is, but I know how a LP-100 sounds.

Edit: I agree with the above poster, it's not worth upgrading this guitar, better to save and buy a much better guitar if possible.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
although lp100 is not the best, I have heard it in cases where it has sound decent before. mine sounds really horrible. i'll try to upload a vid tomorrow
The pickups in a LP100 are really hot wound and cheap not a good combo. I have one and it sounded really bad thru a SS amp. Well any amp actually. Some pickups that arent so hot would help. But a cheap SS practice amp will make things worse.