ok,i already have an ibanez SM7 which is doing me fine...but i'm looking for the next pedal to get..

first of all,i would be getting maining Boss pedals...is that just dumb or lame?

next,i would probably be getting a BOSS delay pedal...but there are so many...DD-3 to DD-7...which one is the best?

And after a delay,what pedal should i get next?
Stereo Memory Man is the best delay in my opinion. However, I would recommend a reverb over a delay anyday. Holy grail plus is the best reverb i know of.
A lot of people seem to hate Boss pedals, I'm not a huge fan of them and I can say why I wouldn't recommend getting many of them, but it might be a totally different reason to anyone else. All the Boss pedals I've played have just sounded really bad. That's it. Their compressor / sustainer wasn't great, their metal zone was, well, I hated it. Their DS-1 is sposed to be great but what they don't tell you is that it sucks unless you mod it, and the overdrive/distortion lines are all pretty tinny and average.
Having said that, I've heard good things of their delays. Dunno what ones I'd recommend though, or anyone would recommend, we need to know more about what kind of sound you want and music you play?
I think you should get a Zoom-505 multi effects pedal, those things are really great and it'll help you for sure working out what you want to get later down the line.
I would go for a sustainer. I like my boss, but it doesn't really come up with the crazy queens of the stone age type pure signal sounding stuff, it was cheap though, so its good for what it does, I would suggest a wah after a sustainer, you can get some kickass tones to use for any thing you wanna do on guitar, its always nice to be able to change tone drastically.

And delay, totally kickass, even if you barely know how to use it.

As for actual models, I suggest doing your own research, everyone's ideas of tone differs, unless of course you know what all the actual words for tone correspond to.
well,any other brands around that are good? how about digitech?

erm,mixing up the types of music now...flowing from funk sometimes..then maybe rock to hard rock..
Last edited by NoobOnZone at Apr 30, 2008,
can anyone explain which one is better? getting multi effects or single pedals?

and can someone also explain the different types of single pedals and what they enhance?
I say get a pocket pod. Single pedals are better, but the pocket pod is awesome. You can take it anywhere and play with headphones. The quality of tones is also really really damn good.
Quote by NoobOnZone
how about digitech?

The Digitech Whammy is insane. Its a must-have for any pedal board.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
The Digitech Whammy is insane. Its a must-have for any pedal board.

how about other pedals by digitech?

and,is the whammy pedal same as a wah wah pedal? i'm sure it is right?
Quote by NoobOnZone
can anyone explain which one is better? getting multi effects or single pedals?

and can someone also explain the different types of single pedals and what they enhance?

Getting single pedals is your best bet, because they usually have better tone compared to multi effects units. Although if your on a budget and you want to test different pedal types out, go with a multi effects unit.

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
so,multi effects is a good thing to do for now? what are the best multi effects for its price? and how much can they range?
actually,i'll skip the multi effects unit...their a little expensive,esspecially the ones like he GT-8 or the ME-50
Pedals you should have:
Distortion/overdrive
Delay/echo
chorus
flanger (I don't like them but its up to you)
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
Quote by NoobOnZone
how about other pedals by digitech?

and,is the whammy pedal same as a wah wah pedal? i'm sure it is right?

I'm not familiar with other Digitech pedals but the Whammy is built like a house so presumably they're quite reliable.

The Whammy isn't like a wah pedal. I guess you could say it was an octave pedal. It has a load of different features, from pushing the pedal down and lowering or raisng the pitch of the note you're playing by several octaves. to holding the pedal down and getting harmonies with whatever you play.
Oh, and it has a divebomb feature
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
but i'm actually quite torn between MFX and individual effects...sorry guys,i can't make up my mine...MFXs like ME-50 are fairly ex...any cheaper MFX?
multis really aren't worth it unless you get a really cheap one just for practice or a really really expensive rackmount one.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
so,its better to just take my own sweet time to buy a new individual pedal once every 8 weeks?
so which brand would provide best pedals?

i need tones for funk to hard rock..already have a distortion pedal...next a delay or chorus? and after those two,what next?
I'd get either delay or wah if i were you next

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90