5 Witches - Black Sorcerer
6 Acrostichon - Pain
7 Demonic Christ - Blut Und Ehre
8 Noothgrush - Aladeraan
9 November Grief - Spine Worm
10 Damad - Waste
11 Opera IX - My Devotion

HeidiKakes 5 out of 5 STARS
This album was a pleasant surprise. I've always had an interest in women in extreme metal and this album is a great compilation. Many of the bands feature women on lead vocals (although you probably won't be able to tell with some because their voices are deeper than any man!), while a few feature women on keyboards, bass and guitars.
All in all a great compilation of black metal and death metal that I wish would continue with future editions.

By A Customer 4 out of 5 STARS
most if not all of these bands have female lead singers (sometimes its hard to tell) and some of the bands are all chicks. they all kick @$$. If you like Black Metal or Gothic Metal then you should really enjoy this album.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't even heard this album yet, **** I haven't ever heard of any of these bands.
But I came across it today and thought I'd pass it on for others to discover as well.
I wouldnt mind hearing that Deathwitch cover.

And if you havent heard it yet, why are you plugging it so much?
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
The formatting on this post is really nice.

yep, quality formatting. I admire you, TS.
I've onlt heard one female vocalist do death grunts/growls that I liked, and I can't remember who that was. And the band wasn't that good.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by Phill-Rock
I've onlt heard one female vocalist do death grunts/growls that I liked, and I can't remember who that was. And the band wasn't that good.

The gals from Matriarch do a really good job on vocals... now if only I could find their album to hear how the whole thing pans out.
iwrestledabearonce has a good female vocalist, but the band sucks.
Up the Punx!
Female harsh vocals are horrible. Only Sabina is close to sounding good.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

Quote by Phill-Rock

Was it Angela Gossow of Arch Enemy? She doesn't have bad growls/grunts.
Quote by Terror Kovenant

I hate to repeat myself and/or derail the thread, but take a look at Matriarch: http://www.myspace.com/matriarch . Listen to the song "Damsel of Death" and tell me those aren't some good death/black vox.
Quote by Clownmite
I hate to repeat myself and/or derail the thread, but take a look at Matriarch: http://www.myspace.com/matriarch . Listen to the song "Damsel of Death" and tell me those aren't some good death/black vox.

The lows were decent a best. The "grim" were just not good. The opera were choice though.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

The chick from Thorr's Hammer has an awesome growl, Thorr's Hammer has got to be one of the heaviest acts ever.

Acrostichon has a good growler. I've heard about DC's frontwoman but haven't listened to them.

Opera IX is good as well.

I'm not really familiar with mot of the other groups, but this looks like an interesting compilation.

And they should have included Estuary!

Quote by Terror Kovenant

Please stop.
Is Thorr's Hammer the NSBM band? Cos I'm pretty sure that one has male on vocals. Or I might be thinking of Thor's Hammer (one r).

Anyway, I've never heard female vocals in extreme metal which I think suit the music. The closest is Chained Lace which isn't extreme metal and its more being good despite of, not because of, the vocals.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by CaptnWar

HeidiKakes 5 out of 5 STARS
This album was a pleasant surprise. I've always had an interest in women in extreme metal and this album is a great compilation. Many of the bands feature women on lead vocals (although you probably won't be able to tell with some because their voices are deeper than any man!), while a few feature women on keyboards, bass and guitars.
All in all a great compilation of black metal and death metal that I wish would continue with future editions.

I'll definitely have to listen to this... Nile and Kronos get really low with their vocals...
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
ah, now I get it nebraskan. I couldn't undestand the first time. Thanks
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
lol dammit! I thought I deleted that...
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Quote by MHDrunk
Is Thorr's Hammer the NSBM band? Cos I'm pretty sure that one has male on vocals. Or I might be thinking of Thor's Hammer (one r).

Anyway, I've never heard female vocals in extreme metal which I think suit the music. The closest is Chained Lace which isn't extreme metal and its more being good despite of, not because of, the vocals.

Thorr's Hammer is a Stephen O'Malley/Greg Anderson project, superior and very diferrent from Thor's Hammer (MSpaint cover art FTL.)
Quote by \Powerslave/
Was it Angela Gossow of Arch Enemy? She doesn't have bad growls/grunts.

No, I don't like her vocals, and they're extremely well known - I wouldn't have forgotten them.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

Her vocals have gotten better, at least on the new album. but w/e

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I have the new album.

She ruins the band for me.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish