I want a 62 re-issue(love that tone) but its $1,450 or so. The HH Jaguar is $650. I'd rather have a fixed bridge which the HH has (i hear the 62's trem is crap) all i want from the 62 is the pups.

Would it take any real moding to replace the pups? Far as i can tell all i need is a new pickguard, the 62 pups and a sodering kit. Am i mistaken? any info is appriciated thanks
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
New pots as well I guess.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
why not get the MIJ jag, its about the same price as the HH. as for the bridge, the standard one is bad but you if you just change it for a mustang bridge it will be fine
the pic theif strikes again

Member #1 of im not a member of anything, and i dont wanna be. PM me to join
Japanese Fenders are hard to come by in the states and i need to play the guitar before i buy it.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
Maybe get humbucker sized P90's to slap in there.
P90s are kind of underrated IMO.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i like P-90's tone. might be a little harder than what im going for. now that i think about it arnt the soapbars from a jazzmaster about the same size as a fender humbucker?
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017

Quote by deanexplosion99

Quote by niggafolife
^Actually, I think SD and GFS (there may be more) carry actual P90's in a humbucker casing. Which means, a straight up replacement. It just fits in like a regular humbucker, but is a p90.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
THAT'S AWESOME THANKS. bless you sir
that'd make things way easier.

does anyone know about if the jazzmaster pups will fit in a fender humbucker hole?
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017

Quote by deanexplosion99

Quote by niggafolife
The HH jags are absoloutely ****ing awfull in comparison to a CIJ/MIJ or MIA, the neck is like a baseball bat, the chrome is murky and ****e, the stock pickups are terrible, there is no true jaguar esscence to them at all. I've played the HH a few times in store, and ive got to say, I did damn well not like that guitar. It just felt and sounded cheap. My CIJ slaughtered it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1995-96-Fender-Jaguar-Reissue-Sunburst-MIJ-FREE-SHIP_W0QQitemZ220227272562QQihZ012QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Go ebay.

And no, jazzmaster pups will not fit in a standard humbucker routing.

THeres nothing wrong with the jags trem, IMO, its a good trem system, better than the strat style trems, holds tune nicely and allows for raising and lowering pitch, the only problem with the guitar is the bridge saddles, which are easily replaced.
Last edited by beckyjc at Apr 30, 2008,