PRS tremonti, twin humbuckers. I want to coil tap the treble pickup, and am heading out to bag a push/pull pot (I love alliteration) this afternoon. Just wanted to ask, if I use a 500kΩ pot, will the sound be rough when the coils are tapped; should I use a 250kΩ instead?

Thanks in advance
Gear:
PRS Tremonti SE with PRS USA Tremonti pickups
2001 Ibanez RG470
Peavey Bandit 112
Fender Superchamp XD
USA Jackson SL1
what are you replacing or going to use the pot side of it for? that'll tell you a rough value of your pot.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
I thought the accepted way was to replace the tone pot of whichever pickup is being coil split?
Gear:
PRS Tremonti SE with PRS USA Tremonti pickups
2001 Ibanez RG470
Peavey Bandit 112
Fender Superchamp XD
USA Jackson SL1
well you can replace the tone pot or the volume pot. just replace it with the value of whatever pot your replacing.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
You could probably rig the push/pull to lower the resistence of the pot when you split the pickup.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club