Hey,

I have a Schecter C1 Exotic Star w/ a PEAVEY VALVEKING 112 and BOSS MT2 Metal Zone.

Now they are all great but I was thinking about installing EMG 81 and 85's to my Schecter.

I just wanna know if that is a smart thing to do?

I play alot of Metal songs like BFMV and A7X etc and ever guitar I hear that has EMG's they sound awsome man.
It'll sound better with an overdrive pedal instead of that digital bee hive known as the MT2.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Not a distortion, get an overdrive.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
honestly, for the valveking I would get a distortion, especially for modern high gain stuff, most ODs probably won't cut it, try a metal muff.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
when i put EMGs into my C-1+ it sounded a lot better then the stock pickups and there should be enough room in the control cavity for the battery so you dont have to worry about cutting a new hole. I also recommend getting a new distortion/OD pedal if you can
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Plus with EMG 81/85(18v mod)
PRS Tremonti SE
Randall V2
Genz Benz G-Flex 212
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Step away from Boss and go for a Maxon tubescreamer.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I was thinking about the Ibanez TubeScreamer, but will that give you a metal sound ?
Today I played on my friends Marshall JTM60 with his Vintage Les Paul. It had standard pickups that come with Vintage guitars. It sounded really REALLY good in fact.

I then played on someone elses Epi LP with EMG Zakk Wylde set in it (into the same amp) and it sounded like pure sh*t to be honest.

It is possible his battery was running low.. But I am officially against EMGs now.. God, it made me cringe.
Quote by Untitled001
Today I played on my friends Marshall JTM60 with his Vintage Les Paul. It had standard pickups that come with Vintage guitars. It sounded really REALLY good in fact.

I then played on someone elses Epi LP with EMG Zakk Wylde set in it (into the same amp) and it sounded like pure sh*t to be honest.

It is possible his battery was running low.. But I am officially against EMGs now.. God, it made me cringe.

using a vintage guitar thats well built and aged will more than likely sound fuller and better than a newer guitar that is not of the same quality.

thats like comparing a custom made prs to a squier

your post = epic fail
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
emg 81s kill all competition the only other type of pick up u might want to think about is the new seymour duncan blackouts which i have yet to try but i'd get emgs for sure
My Gear:
LTD EC-1000 (duncan jb/jazz)
Schecter SLS (EMGs)
ESP Horizon
6505 head
Marshall 1960lead cab
Boss noise gate
maxon od808
boss chorus
boss de-7
Dunlop strings and tortex 1.14s
Quote by JLT73
using a vintage guitar thats well built and aged will more than likely sound fuller and better than a newer guitar that is not of the same quality.

your post = epic fail

He's not talking vintage as in old. He's talking Vintage as in the guitar company.

Quote by Camaro4726
emg 81s kill all competition the only other type of pick up u might want to think about is the new seymour duncan blackouts which i have yet to try but i'd get emgs for sure

You obviously haven't used much pickups.

The DiMarzios in my Ibanez completely destroy the EMGs in my SG.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by JLT73

your post = epic fail

Your assumption = epic Fail.

Vintage as in the brand... Hence - the capitalization of the word Vintage.